Winter Projects - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Winter Projects
Friday, January 05, 2007 5:37 PM
Since i've been kinda hiding under the radar for awhile, I figure its time to share some of my winter projects for the car (to the first gen guys at least). I havnt started any yet, but I have an engine swap in the works, I still have to pick up an engine, 3400 or 3500 and a 5-Speed Manual trans (since I have a 4-Speed right now) as well as upgradidng the entire suspension (since the car came with "custom" cut springs). I will also slowly but surly be redoing the interior, and painting the chrome trim and handles black.

Does anybody else have any extensive projects for their first gen?

Re: Winter Projects
Friday, January 05, 2007 7:15 PM
im doing a rear disk swap. i may be boosting it over winter. the plan is once the weather gets a bit better is to install the z24 kit and hood, and start figuring out my rear lip and custom skirts. ill be painting it after thats all done

Friday, January 05, 2007 7:19 PM
I'd like to get my hands on a Z24 rear, but it seems to be harder to find then I thought. I've been following the build of your new and old car, good luck with everything.

Friday, January 05, 2007 9:28 PM
head over to this j-speed ( http://www.jspeed.ca/beta/ ). there are a few 1st gen guys there and they have a junkyard with a few 1st gens, 2 being z24s. one of the guys may be able to work something out with getting and shipping a bumper to you.

Saturday, January 06, 2007 8:22 PM
Currently I have NEW axles left and right laying in my house! I am also planning on new struts,springs,mts and strip and paint and new undercoating on mine.The delay is parcially I am adding on to my house and a two car garage which is half done.It has a roof and concrete,windows and such but no sheet rock or garage doors yet.So when that is done my project will start up and I still have to save for the other parts which I do not have as yet.I will post pics once its under way but,for the time being the car is covered(waterproof cover) in the driveway.

Saturday, January 06, 2007 10:42 PM
5spd swap and possibly a 3400 hybrid
Tuesday, January 09, 2007 11:59 PM
sweet jamie dooo it!

watch for flying sparks!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search