my freind's project - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my freind's project
Thursday, February 01, 2007 10:21 AM

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2559778/1

he his doing a frame off complere restoration , he had to used parts from 3 deffrent rides see pics in his cardomain page

using the powertraing, spoiler and the interior out of the black one 5speed 2.8l
frame off the white
and body kit and hodd of the bleu one

lots of parts are up for sell.

the engine has been completely restored, and floor pan replace, firewall all redone , engine is back in the bay now, body is completely strip , no more glass trim bumper, it's getting ready for paint soon to be completed , I will get him to give my all his step by step pics and post them up later

Re: my freind's project
Thursday, February 01, 2007 4:57 PM
Sounds good, I can't wait to see the floor replacement pics! Its good to see folks around here taking these cars and restoring them.

Give him some props from us JBO fans!

Thursday, February 01, 2007 6:27 PM
cool. ive pretty much done the same thing with my car, but ive been driving it while doing it. i would love to pull it right down to a bare shell, have it acid dipped, fix any trouble spots, have it painted as a shell, ect.

one thing though, our cars cant have a frame off restoration. physicaly, it is impossible to remove the frame from a unibody vehicle.

Friday, February 02, 2007 5:06 AM
Quote:

one thing though, our cars cant have a frame off restoration. physicaly, it is impossible to remove the frame from a unibody vehicle.

Figure of speech
he has taking every single parts out , no more trim, glass , interior, all harness came out , engine trans front cradle, ... you name it, it was taking out, all they way down to it's shell then started rebuilding it .fixing up trouble spot on the fire wall , floor pan ext.

Friday, February 09, 2007 5:58 AM
Friday, February 09, 2007 6:37 AM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search