v6 swap - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
v6 swap
Sunday, April 08, 2007 12:23 AM
hello, I have a 86 sunbird with a 2,0l ohv automatic and a want to instal a 93 sunbird gt 3,1l engine with a manual transmission.
my problem is not for the mecanic thing but for the wiring. Someones have an idea of the fitement of the dash plug (c200)
it will fit or not? and for the fitement of the chutch pedal safety swich, and my speedometer is a electric not cable driven.

Re: v6 swap
Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:26 AM
Yes, you can do this swap, but you will run into a few problems. Assuming you get the engine wiring harness with the 3.1, the C200 connector will fit, but the main power wire will have to be rerouted, as the 3.1 used a larger wire in a different spot on the connector. I jsu made a seperate wire for this one outside of the connector. Also, the connector where the engine harness goes into the body at the right front fender will not, quite, fit and the hole will need to be opened up. You can disregrad the clutch switch, just be careful about starting the engine while in gear.

Good luck!

Bob martin
Re: v6 swap
Saturday, June 16, 2007 5:42 PM
thanks bob! my swap already work with your advices but now i think i have a problem with the (i think) fuel pump. i think the delivery is not suficient enought so i will change the fuel pump for one from a 87 cavalier z24(brand new). the problem is the car run graet on idle but i can't accelerate at all.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search