freon capacity in my '85 cavalier 2.0? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
freon capacity in my '85 cavalier 2.0?
Wednesday, May 09, 2007 3:57 PM
I need to recharge my A/C and I don't know the capacity of the system. As the subject says it's a 2.0 and it's been converted to r134a.

Hopefully this will take care of the problem.

Re: freon capacity in my '85 cavalier 2.0?
Wednesday, May 09, 2007 8:02 PM
Freon capacity is 2.25 lbs for the 4cyl engine.I as well converted to the r134 couple yrs ago.

Re: freon capacity in my '85 cavalier 2.0?
Thursday, June 07, 2007 4:24 PM
Thanks! I'm going to have a friend that has all the equipment recharge it for me. It lost most of the freon last year somewhat suddenly after holding a perfect charge for 3 years, so I'm going to change all the o-rings before I have the work done. Hopefully it's that and not a bad line/condenser/evaporator!

Quick question, what do I coat the o-rings with before I install them? I would guess that you use compressor oil but the oil I have is in a sealed can. If thats what I use, can you buy it in non-sealed can or can I use something else?

Saturday, June 09, 2007 7:43 PM
From what I recall when my refrig leaked and I had the oring at the compressor was the culprit I used either white lithium grease in a small container or trans fluid.It's been a while since I did it but either will work fine.The grease is sold at napa and is called lith-ease the napa brand part # 765-1393 in a white and blue container on the aisle with all there grease products.I use this stuff for everything so it would not be a waste of money to buy for under 5bucks.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search