86 cimmarron parts - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
86 cimmarron parts
Wednesday, June 27, 2007 3:41 PM
My dad has a 86 cimarron he just wrecked. The car was in excellent shape. It only has 90k on the odometer.

Anyway it needs a lot of stuff.
Hood
driver fender
both headlights ( the composite ones)
core support
grill
radiator
fiberglass trim piece that goes around headlights and grill

I know the caddy shares its underpinnings with the cavalier and sunbird, but I was wondering if the body panels from a cavy or sunbird would bolt on to the caddy?
I"m asking this because I cant find any parts for the caddy, but I know there are a lot of parts available for the cavy and sunbird.

Anything would be helpful

Thanks

-Roger

Re: 86 cimmarron parts
Wednesday, June 27, 2007 6:36 PM
its the same body as a cavy. front ends from any j-body will fit on without issues, but the entire front clip must be swapped. seats and such can come from any j-body

Thursday, June 28, 2007 3:55 AM
OK thanks

Thursday, June 28, 2007 10:25 PM
Only 90K! How close to 96,480 is 'only 90k'?

How much do you want for the instrument panel, if it's the digital version?

"What is it about pyromania and civil insurrection?" she wondered. "Can't anyone stage a riot without bringing the matches?" Major Serafina Palacios, Imperial Marines
Thursday, June 28, 2007 10:40 PM
Oh, you're wanting to repair the car.

"What is it about pyromania and civil insurrection?" she wondered. "Can't anyone stage a riot without bringing the matches?" Major Serafina Palacios, Imperial Marines
Friday, June 29, 2007 7:08 AM
Its got analog gauges and I'm not selling anything from it. I'm gonna fix it.

Thursday, August 09, 2007 2:58 PM
were havin some trouble finding parts. We called places as far away as north carolina, and i live in PA. The only thing we found is a complete front clip with every thing but the engine and tranaxle and suspension. They just got a torch and cut the whole front of the car off. They want 1200 for it and that includes delivery. I think we are going to buy it and try to sell the rest of the parts that we dont need.

Sunday, August 26, 2007 4:24 PM
Well, we found a junk yard in Carslile, about an hour drive turned into a two hour drive because of the corvette show. Anyway, I painted the panels today and I hope to install them tomorrow.

The parts were 300. A lot better than 1200 for a front clip. The junkyard was a non u-pull-it. So when we got there, we just picked them up and left. It made it easier.

The only bad thing is the panels were white and the color hid a lot of imperfections. The hood looked like it was in a hailstorm, but after several hours of bodywork, Its good as new.

Here are some pics of before the wreck

And some right after

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search