just before paint - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
just before paint
Sunday, July 08, 2007 10:37 PM

finnaly got the car together and getting it in for paint. got the z24 bumpers on, 87 valance and hood, 86 sunbird spoiler, and custom side skirts to line up to the valance.

i think i can officialy say the car is no longer a 2.0l rs, its now a z24

Re: just before paint
Monday, July 09, 2007 4:41 PM
you already know what i think..... looks awesome man and you know it! can't wait till we get r all painted!

watch for flying sparks!!!
Monday, July 09, 2007 6:05 PM
if i can ever find a body shop that wont rape me

Monday, July 09, 2007 6:10 PM
Awesome!

Friday, July 27, 2007 1:20 PM
I say paint it yourself... or where do you live? i know someone in ohio that will paint it cheap...

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Friday, July 27, 2007 5:38 PM
im not even gonna attempt to do it myself. i have painted cars before, however i dont have the equipment required for the body work (mainly a pin welder and slide hammer) to get the car straight. body work is also one of those thing i have no pacients for and one of the only things on a car i have no desire to learn about. this is one of those things im willing to pay someone else to do providing they do good work.

ive gotten a bunch of estimates, they range from $4500-$6000 canadian for the body work and paint. thats not any fancy colors or imaculate work, just fixing the dents and spraying it. after having a very bad experiance with my old car with a backyard body guy (painted it the wrong color, promissed it in 2 weeks and had it for 6 weeks) im not very eager to go back to a backyard body guy.

Friday, July 27, 2007 10:40 PM
i still say that we check out bill's work i'll be the test dummy, i know it wont be perfect this time around but hey whats the worst thing that happens>?

watch for flying sparks!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search