3rd gen agx's? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3rd gen agx's?
Friday, July 20, 2007 9:37 PM
i was just curious if anyone had done a write up/ if it was possible to fit 3rd gen kyb agx's on a 1st gen?

i saw a write up on koni yellows from a 3rd to 1st gen, but could not find a way to get ahold of the person who made it and found nothing by searching for it.

anyone have any ideas?

got a deal on a set of agx's with 2000 miles and some 3rd gen eibach sportlines for $400.
would really help to know if it would even fit...

Re: 3rd gen agx's?
Friday, July 20, 2007 9:42 PM
agx's are a full replacment strut. the problem with a 3rd gen strut is they dont have the steering arm on them, its on the knuckle on the 3rd gen, so this makes it impossible to use it on a 1st/ 2nd gen. also the rears are struts, we have shocks.

if you go to www.v6z24 and look in the how to section there is a write up on the 3rd gen koni inserts in a 2nd gen.

Saturday, July 21, 2007 7:32 PM
2nd and 1st gen suspension components are completely swapable right?

Which means that the koni swap will work on a 1st gen?
Saturday, July 21, 2007 8:25 PM
yep. there were a couple very small suspention changes between 82 and 94, the most notable one being the 92+ brakes. everything is completly swappable

Monday, July 23, 2007 1:30 AM
do 2nd gens have larger fronts?

rear discs?

thank the lord! well, i suppose i should put the motor in before i get suspension parts.....
Monday, July 23, 2007 6:46 PM
92-94 has 10" front brakes oposed to 9.5" on 91 and older cars. the 92+ is a straight swap as long as you change the knuckle, caliper pads and rotors. you also need to swap the knuckles side to side so the calipers sit in the correct location.

they dont have rear disks on 2nd gens however there is a swap utilizing daytona or neon parts. im in the middle of this right now, hoping ot have it done soon. if you want more info on the neon swap, head over to www.v6z24.com and have a look in the how to section.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search