Cruising today - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cruising today
Sunday, June 24, 2007 1:20 PM
Had my 84 out to cruise today.

First time in a long time. Need to get the air filter and oil change. Still need clutch so could not get on it much. Quite a few want to race me at stop lights, so I have to get on that whole clutch project soon.

Go First Gens!

Re: Cruising today
Saturday, June 30, 2007 9:37 PM
I feel ur pain!! My old 85 runs fine but need to do the following,new rear brakes and that includes everything,and yes the whl cyldrs ones leaking now.I have half the parts as I speak.I also need to replace the intake manifold gasket, replace the ignition module (which I have a new one in hand) not to mention the blower motor resistor which I also have in hand new and my two new axles laying in the floor at my tool box.I have been so busy trying to finish my house add on painting I have just had to wait to do all this but the one thing that matters is I have a brand new two car garage to do it in!!!!! So the cav should have some work done to it in the next wk or two and I am saving some cash to buy the rest of my rear brake sfuff mostly the spring kits,drums at 55bux a piece and all the hardware like the real metal parts that will be a complete rebuild of the system.So basically the rear will be ALL new brake wise.So don't feel to bad my plate is over loaded as I wrote this book. Ron

Friday, July 06, 2007 6:44 PM
Ron-

Any idea where to get parking brake cables and associated hardware? I need to replace mine and was told they are no longer made.

Monday, July 09, 2007 8:37 PM
Uh this is SO easy its http://www.advanceautoparts.com THEY carry those so called NO longer made parts everyday!!!!!!!!!! i checked ur info on ur car not sure on ur eng but put in the 2.0 even tho the js are the same on the cables for brake cables.They carry both sides and had kits listed but did check that the cables which I knew they sell were avail for ur yr even tho I had checked months ago for my 85 which are prolly the same but ,a different part # probably.

Monday, July 30, 2007 4:58 PM
Thanks Ron- It looks like they have it.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 8:27 AM
Advanceauto ironically sells alot for our first gens.Glad to help with the info.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search