Engine Bay Movement - 84 Turbo - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Engine Bay Movement - 84 Turbo
Sunday, August 12, 2007 9:08 AM
HI Board-

I am moving a bunch of stuff in my engine bay to clean it up, make more room, and get stuff working. My 84 turbo has the washer bottle on the firewall instead of on the strut tower (like every other j I have seen). Since I installed the strut tower brace, the firewall bottle is all but useless (it was damaged and leaking already). If I could get a replacement, I could make some brackets and drop it about 3" and all would be well. In lieu of that, I am planning on moving it to the "normal" location, but figuring there must have been a reason GM decided to move it to the firewall. The only thing stopping me from moving it is the turbo specific timer and fan relay mounted on the driver side fender. I also have an alarm horn on the strut tower that will be moving to the firewall.

Maybe the heat from the turbo weakens the bottle over time?

Any thoughts as to why?

Other things moving:

Stock Air Box and intake - to spare parts storage

ECCS can - moving to location of stock airbox to make room for custom cold air (via 90 degree 2" to 3" elbow and a customized (cut and re-weld) neon cold air kit

Intercooler piping from turbo running out stock airbox opening to customized GN intercooler (welded tanks and 2" cast necks)

Still figuring out return path to TB...

Fab shop is welding tanks, applying necks, and mounting intercooler so it is very clean and stock appearing (I don't want to cut up my 6 light front end), I will most likely be running the tubing myself. Fab shops can be expensive...

Any suggestions on any of the above?

To say the least, I am pretty fired up about getting this going...

Re: Engine Bay Movement - 84 Turbo
Sunday, August 12, 2007 9:19 AM
got any pics?!?
Re: Engine Bay Movement - 84 Turbo
Sunday, August 12, 2007 2:14 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2672588/1

See Page 5 - Engine Bay - Stuff moving around.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search