front drive axles - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
front drive axles
Tuesday, October 02, 2007 2:46 PM
I'm looking for a pair of drive axles for my 87 turbo. I need a set that fits the manual transmission (5tm40/hm282). Either new or used. I know that there are different axles for the turbo and non-turbo sunbirds. Anybody out there got anything for me? Is there any after market axles? Of all the parts I needed, these SOB'S are getting the best of me. I've spent 2 years on this project and I'm almost done, but I'm about to give up and sell the the whole car and parts for scrap!

front drive axles
Tuesday, October 02, 2007 3:04 PM
Alrght been doing some digging. what the heck is the difference........

Front Axle, MT, w/turbocharger, R., jack-shaft
Front Axle, MT, w/turbocharger, R., outer assm

Just want to make sure that I get the entire axle for the right side, and to make sure that it the axle I need
Re: front drive axles
Tuesday, October 02, 2007 6:17 PM
the jackshaft is the portion that goes into the tranny and has the bearing that bolts to the block.

Re: front drive axles
Saturday, October 06, 2007 8:17 PM
I have both left/right axles for my 85 2.0 4spd manual reman from advance auto.I bought them last yr and need to replace the input shaft seal which I have as well.Granted mine may differ from ur application but,needless to say I am going to the install here in a couple wks in my new garage which was completed in june .I am so dragging my feet on this just been to freaking busy to do it.Imagine that.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search