second gen cavi psrtd on a first gen - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
second gen cavi psrtd on a first gen
Thursday, October 04, 2007 3:38 PM
will second gen cavi parts work on a first gen anything

Re: second gen cavi psrtd on a first gen
Thursday, October 04, 2007 8:34 PM
depends on what your talking about. the suspention is the same 82-94, only major change being 92-94 brakes are bigger (and swappable). any motor and tranny 82-94 will bolt in. you can actualy swap entire front clips between any 82-94 j-body. interior parts from the b-pillar forward directly swap.

what specificly are you wanting to swap.

Re: second gen cavi parts work on a first gen
Friday, October 05, 2007 6:34 AM
well one thing that didnt come on a cavalier i was wondering about the rear axle and sway bar out of a 94 beretta z26 . the rear axle is a hell of alot stiffer will it fit? would coilovers form a secong gen work on my car and shocks and struts. also would the side skirts off a second gen z24 fit on my car i like the way they look
Friday, October 05, 2007 5:46 PM
a beretta rear axle will bolt right in, but its about an inch and a half wider, so it pushes the wheels out 3/4" each side. 2nd gen coil overs will work, however unless you retro fit 3rd gen koni strut inserts into your car, i would highly advise against coil overs. the replacemnt struts we have arent up to the task.

Friday, October 05, 2007 6:57 PM
cool will the rear sway bar off that axle work on my car and also is the z24 nose different from the base model nose and how much for a getrag tranny? also the block i have has a lot of ribbing across the lifter valley from front bank to back bank and the outside of the block has these xs on them kind of like something to add strength. could it be a tgp block just wondering i dont know
Friday, October 05, 2007 10:08 PM
couldnt tell you on the swaybar, but it should be adaptable, the cars are simular. the z24 bumper and hood (87 only) is different. the ribbing is on all the blocks, the gen 3 blocks have more. the tgp block is the same as a normal gen 2 3.1l block. block strength isnt an issue, again, people have put 500hp to the stock block without issues.

Saturday, October 06, 2007 9:33 AM
cool in your picture your intake msnifold looks funny whats that all about and im guessing that my block is a gen three and i know that the upper end is a gen two are they compatible

if it is a 3rd gen block will it bolt up to the second gen heads will there be a problem also on your pic your engine has a weird looking upper plenum is it aftermarket and is there any ideas you could give me on making a body kit if i wanted to could i use the second gen side skirts will they bolt up and let me know if you know anybody selling any good items for my car im on a budget

06+
Saturday, October 06, 2007 9:37 AM
sorry my gf kids got a hold of the computer i didnt even notice and one more question can i buy z24 tail lights for my car will they fit and what all will i need
Saturday, October 06, 2007 10:54 AM
my motor is a gen 1 ironhead, and thats a fiero intake. gen 2 heads will bolt to a gen 3 block, but why bother.

z24 tail lights will work if you have the filler pannel for the licence plate.

Saturday, October 06, 2007 3:38 PM
where can i get gen three top end
Saturday, October 06, 2007 3:55 PM
at this point i will highly suggest heading over to www.60degreev6.com and posting up what you want to do and what you have. those guys there know every detail about those motors, much more than i can tell you.

Sunday, October 07, 2007 1:14 PM
ok thanks no used parts for sale that you know of for first gens
Sunday, October 07, 2007 3:39 PM
only thing i have that i *may* be willing to part with is the tail lights and filler pannel .

Sunday, October 07, 2007 6:31 PM
how much let me know hey also i was wondering if you knew anybody who would want a 1984 2door corolla rwd. i want 500 for it gotta get parts for the cavi
Monday, October 08, 2007 10:12 AM
will second gen doors work on first gen car
Tuesday, October 09, 2007 12:02 PM
i want to know because i have a nasty ding in mine and if i dont find a good first gen one i want to know if i can use a second
Tuesday, October 09, 2007 6:39 PM
they will bolt right ojn, the trim will clip right on, but you need to drill a new hole to mount the mirror, one doesnt line up.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 9:24 PM
awesome wats about the taillights
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search