blower motor resistor info - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
blower motor resistor info
Sunday, September 30, 2007 8:46 PM
I recently replaced my blower motor resistor and come to find out gm no longer makes the part.Auto zone sells the part online only! This is for js with AC ONLY and the part is made by wells DR795 but the autozone # is 524616.U will not find this part anywhere else at least with napa,advance,carquest etc based on my searches at the time. Here are some pics one of the part which is located behind the tbi with a 4 plug terminal. and the part NEW what it looks like the cost is 9.99 plus s/h 5.60 Just a note cars with out air the resistor is avail all day long at most auto stores like the advance,napa etc.This is just to make things easy if ur part dies or loses a fan speed at some time.Ok

Re: blower motor resistor info
Sunday, September 30, 2007 10:04 PM
good info. non a/c cars are only 3 pin. i know the phase 2 cars use a different plug for the resistor pack, and im sure you could fit it onto a 1st gen by swapping the plug. id also bet they are still avalible.

Re: blower motor resistor info
Saturday, October 06, 2007 8:19 PM
Interesting I did not do any research beyond my cars needs at the time.But surely u prob are correct to just change the pin plug and swap it would work all the same in my book.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search