1982-1983 Chevrolet Cavalier F41 Coupe. - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1982-1983 Chevrolet Cavalier F41 Coupe.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008 12:18 PM
What is an F41 Coupe? Because, what I saw was very rare. Parked near the bank is a fully, functioning 1982-1983 Chevy Cav F41 Coupe with original plates, body, everything. With the exception of some rust on the trunk and faded paint, the body is remarkably straight and has every trim piece. It is only missing the filler piece between the bumper and front end that was apt to desintegrate over the years. The car also looked to be over 300,000 miles. I was both excited and impressed. Amazing that this car is still running after 26 years.

Re: 1982-1983 Chevrolet Cavalier F41 Coupe.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:28 PM
F41 was a suspension & handling package that was available on several GM models over the years. For some reason early Cavaliers that came equipped with the option had emblems on the dash & trunk that said "F41". I can't tell if they actually classified it as a submodel, or if it just was an emblem letting everyone know the car came equipped with it.

Later F41 equipped models (RS / Z24) didn't include stickers or emblems of any kind denoting this option. The only way to tell if the car came with it is to look at the RPO code sticker on the vehicle.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search