Help Catch the SCAMMER! - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help Catch the SCAMMER!
Thursday, March 06, 2008 9:35 PM
As some of you guys may know ,I have my v6 swap in the classified ads, there is a scam going on , and the guy is using us to get rich. He didnt get me but Im sure some one got had or is in the process right now.

Here is what I know. The guy contacted me at first by email telling me how interested he is in the car. And that he wants to buy it.
He said that he is going to send me a check for the amount of the car and the shipping. When I get it I am to have the additional amount sent to the shipping company, supposed to be through a wire transfer, i havent gotten the details to that yet. Im still playing him. Any way I got the check, and I contacted Mohawk industries, which is mohawk flooring in georgia. they informed me that the check is fake. Now before you assume that it was a photocopied check, your wrong. It looked authentic , down to the watermarks in the paper. Any way the lady at mohawk was really nice and told me that the ceo's signature was forged and that he doesnt even sign them, the treasurer does. The account # on it was a deposit only account, and the routing # was wrong, and best of all the bank on the check doesnt even exhist.
The guy gave me a fake name (Clark Ide), address,(705 10th seattle , Wa 98145) tel # (206-337-0553)all were in seattle washington. the check was mailed from Pacific Genvity inc 611 w. 6th st. los angeles ca. 90017 And the guy always calls in the morning between 9 and 10:30 am est. He speaks Very poor english also.
I cant find anyone that has gotten his western union account #, we need it to invensigate further. If anyone has it please post it up here.
Please dont delete this thread. My local law enforcement asked if I would post this info up here to try to get some more info to catch him.
Any info at all will help.

01 cav w/01 3400 gam gt 4t45e

Re: Help Catch the SCAMMER!
Monday, March 10, 2008 3:42 PM
I just heard a similar story from a buddy of mine selling a Mercedes online. Sounds like your typical internet scam.

Glad you caught it, and good luck getting this toolbag caught.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search