Rusty Rocker Panel Repair - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rusty Rocker Panel Repair
Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:51 PM
I started the bodywork on my 85 Cav, but have never done this work before.

First is Rusty Rocker Panel Repair, that I'd like feedback on, although I am to the point where I am now welding in new steel. I'm just curious if anyone has done some of this kind of work on first gens. Check out my page, and you'll see what all I have in store, and look forward to any advice you can provide. Thanks

sasktrini
"Resurrection"
85 Chev Cavalier CS, 2.0L L4, 5 spd

Re: Rusty Rocker Panel Repair
Monday, April 07, 2008 3:33 PM
It's a shame you dont have a wagon, otherwise the "Monte-Cav -Low SS" idea would be much easier to to fabricate the tail lights.

Monday, April 07, 2008 7:00 PM
Nice work, I'm impressed with how thourough your bodywork is. I've never seen anybody replace the rocker panels on a J-body before. Kudos for putting the blood, sweat, and tears into keeping one of these rolling .

Keep us posted on how it goes. What color are you painting the car when you're all done?

Friday, April 11, 2008 8:35 AM
MarkyB wrote:It's a shame you dont have a wagon, otherwise the "Monte-Cav -Low SS" idea would be much easier to to fabricate the tail lights.

There's plenty of LED taillights on the market, he might be able to fabricate one of those in or check all the other 1st gen jbody taillights and if he likes one of those just swap it in. nice cardomain page

Friday, April 25, 2008 11:04 AM
MarkyB reminded me that I haven't updated the forums here... I have done more recent work again since the weather improved, and updated my ride page... welding and other body finishing. I will be selling this car soon though, as my garage has gotten too full. Putting way more work in than the money I'll be able to sell it for, because I intended to drive it till it died, knowing it would live for a long time.

Today, I'm hoping to finish the outer rocker on the drivers side. I've cut some rust out of the trunk, frenched the front markers, and am blacking out the car with the Moparts Tremclad Paint Rolling method. Will be updating pics frequently to help me sell the car, too, so hopefully will help with some of the repairs.

I hope someone makes a Monte Cav-Lo, because my time with this project is coming to an end before I can make that reality happen.

Thanks, I'll keep you posted!

sasktrini
"Resurrection"
85 Chev Cavalier CS, 2.0L L4, 5 spd
Thursday, May 01, 2008 8:49 PM
If you want me to head in the monte cav-lo direction, im all for it. im in the process of getting my body work fixed and painting it flat black. I was thinking when I was doing the base coat about you saying monte cav-lo and I didnt wanna jack your idea.

Let me know!

Sunday, May 04, 2008 7:34 PM
who knew the fronts were so swappable.. LOL

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search