Which header...... - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Which header......
Sunday, June 01, 2008 9:49 PM
Hi, I'm new to the site, I own an '85 Cavalier with the 2.0 OHV engine and it seems my exhaust manifold has cracked and is unrepairable, go figure. I would like to know what specific aftermarket header fits my car(if any) and if it would be a direct replacement. I say this because my whole exhaust is welded together from the downpipe back and would need to make sure the header bolts up to the flange thats already there, or if there is some easy way that it would work witht the pre-existing exhaust?

Re: Which header......
Saturday, June 07, 2008 9:43 PM
I do not know of any aftermarket headers for the 2.0 but,I repl mine with a stock exh man from advance auto.If I come up with a different comment or find a suitable part that would fit I will post it.U may have to go stock being these engines are becoming hard to find performance stuff for these days.

Re: Which header......
Friday, June 13, 2008 9:41 PM
Ron really likes advance auto... And he has been spot on with his recommendation. They have pretty much everything for our cars - even my e brake cable.

That being said... I would check a local u pick it for a donor car where someone has already paid to buy a new one and you can get it for pennies on the dollar.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search