1.8 Turbo Fuel Rail - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1.8 Turbo Fuel Rail
Tuesday, July 01, 2008 7:44 AM
Hi Board-

Which is easier? 1)remove the fuel rail or 2) remove the entire intake manifold to replace the fuel injctors on an 84 1.8 turbo?

Please Advise.

Re: 1.8 Turbo Fuel Rail
Tuesday, July 01, 2008 6:09 PM
Removing the entire manifold is a royal PITA! You should be able to loosen all of the bolts that hold the rail to the intake. The problem is that you will need to loosen the fuel regulator (which of course is under the manifold). If your car has a manual transmission, this isn’t too bad.
Curious... are you doing any power mods or simply need to replace a bad injector?
Tuesday, July 01, 2008 7:23 PM
Scott-

I am changing up to the 2.0 Turbo injectors as mine are currently at 100% duty cycle under boost.

Friday, July 04, 2008 8:49 PM
Well I can tell u first hand removing the intake is a biatch.I had to remove the distrib,and loosen the pwr strg just to get mine off.Granted I have 1 injector much easier,the intake is a piece of work not mention all the work that is done now.I am preparing to install my intake this wkend time permitting (oh the fun) and I have no clue how much fun u will have with the turbo eng is alot diff than my 2.0 etc.Good luck.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search