Uncorked the Exhaust - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Uncorked the Exhaust
Friday, May 23, 2008 6:46 PM
I had the exhaust professionally uncorked today. Now 2.5" from downpipe to tips. Magnaflow Exhaust, sounds like an STi.

What a difference!

Re: Uncorked the Exhaust
Friday, May 23, 2008 10:52 PM
SWEET! Mine sounded like that with out the muffler on when I did my rear axle resto including the muffler which is a cherry bomb btw.I like the no muffler sound but it has to be on the car.I am getting closer to getting my cav ready for new paint eng wise and will post all the fun I have had once its about ready I am about half way and the small stuff is painted and that includes the oil pan,valve cover and will be priming the block this wkend front and back and buying new gaskets for teh above .Nice upgrade exhaust wise.

Friday, June 13, 2008 9:39 PM
Of course now I have issues with the tuning and boost levels. Looks like bigger injectors and a re-tune from Shannen are in my future...

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 7:27 AM
It made all the difference in the world when I got my 3" swingvalve, and made my 3" downpipe (wrapped with thermotec wrap) which has a electronic dump on it. sounds and runs so good when open. I'll be redoing it sometime soon as I have a 3.5" dump now which has a plate in it more suitable for use with a 3" pipe, and to make the pipe straighter etc.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 8:47 PM
Nice!!!

Thats huge!

Friday, July 11, 2008 5:52 AM
!?! 2 posts up! Your still alive!?!?!!!

watch for flying sparks!!!
Friday, July 11, 2008 6:50 AM
boostNbags wrote:!?! 2 posts up! Your still alive!?!?!!!

"Kinda"
Car needs a new trans, and a new Wilwood rotor, and I could drive it again, but my motivation for working on vehicles has rapidly dwindled as of late. New priorities unfortunatly. And I spent wayyy too much money on it like 2 years ago when I did the suspension/braking/steering upgrades.

Friday, July 11, 2008 7:11 PM
Good job Paul! It's about time too!! That stock exhaust is pretty restrictive.

Tony
1987 Sunbird GT turbo convert
Ported intake, Fiero 53 MM TB, 52 lb inj, ported and flowed head, tube header, Mitsu TD06, ARP rod
bolts/head studs, adj cam sprocket, 4" x 12" x 31" FMIC, Paxton AFPR, modified 125 trans/LSD
unit/3.42's, custom chip tuning, Alky Control Methanol injection
13.61 ET at 101.44 mph, 262 WHP/350WTQ

2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP roadster, 2.0 turbo w/GMPP exh, CAI and turbo upgrade, 290 hp/325 ft lbs

1969 Olds 442 convert
400 Eng, 200-4R trans, 3.73 posi, power everything, OAI

Friday, July 11, 2008 10:47 PM
Protonus wrote:
boostNbags wrote:!?! 2 posts up! Your still alive!?!?!!!

"Kinda"
Car needs a new trans, and a new Wilwood rotor, and I could drive it again, but my motivation for working on vehicles has rapidly dwindled as of late. New priorities unfortunatly. And I spent wayyy too much money on it like 2 years ago when I did the suspension/braking/steering upgrades.

i understand where your comin from...... what trans do you need???

watch for flying sparks!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search