1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen
Sunday, July 20, 2008 11:59 AM
Hi, I'm new here and just picked up a 87 Skyhawk Turbo and a 89 Turbo Sunbird conv. both with the
2.0 turbo motors, I do not know what generation these vehicles are, please all info appreciated,
I'm not new to Turbo cars as I have a 87 Turbo Regal that I race every now and then and have owned
for over 15 yrs. So the J-bodys are new to me and I will be asking a lot of questions and hoping you all will bear with me,
thanks

Ron

Emmett, Id. 87T/R 11.69@117

Re: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen
Sunday, July 20, 2008 9:23 PM
Simple the 87 is a 1st gen and the 89 is 2nd platform.So when u ask ?s make sure you ask in the correct forum for the two vehicles you have.For ur info 82-87 is 1st And 2nd is 88-94 and in case you did not notice under each forum listing is the yr models it covers.May I suggest when u post maintenance stuff put the post in ur cars forum bc most maintenance with the older cars tends to get better response under that forum due to owners who know the cars for those yrs can better answer ur ?s.As for ur first gen 87 there are several of us who very fluent with those rides and eng issues and parts avail,and even the 2nd peps have great info on ur 89 too.I own a 85 cav 2.0 4spd man myself and post on here quite a bit and so do others.Nice finds and post pics or links to ur cars if u have them.U can see my post on eng resto/intake job that's my latest project on mine.

Monday, July 21, 2008 11:09 AM
Thanks for the heads up snd info Ron and will do so in the future.

Ron

Emmett, Id. 87T/R 11.69@117
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:16 PM
Check out www.v6z24.com great website, lots of info for 1st and 2ng gens.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search