transmisions fit or hit 2 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
transmisions fit or hit 2
Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:17 PM
ALL I HAVE IS A GM PART # - 10235022.................................
IS THIS A 5TM40 (HM282) MUNCIE TRANSMISSOIN FOR A SUNBIRD OR NOT?????
CAUSE IF IT IS I FOUND A PLACE THATS SELLING A COUPLE BRAND NEW, 0 MILE TRANSMISSIONS FOR $100 DOLLARS.
I DYING TO FIND OUT,
THANKS

Re: transmisions fit or hit 2
Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:40 PM
I also have pictures of the bell housing and pictures of the transmission itself.
Friend of mine is checking on the old GM number to see if he can cross reference it. PROBLEM IS GM DOESN'T USE THE NUMBERS I HAVE

DO THESE PICTURES HELP OUT???

Monday, July 28, 2008 4:35 PM
I have seen this for sell as well. Unfortunately the tranny is not an exact match. The starter should be toward the rear of the car (not the front as pictured). There should be a hydraulic slave on the front of the tranny. Is it possible to mount this tranny? Don't know. I would love to find out. Maybe some here can help.
-st
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:21 PM
That looks like a quad 4 tranny for a W body, based off the position of the starter and the end of the tranny casing.
Like said above, the sunbird tranny has the starter on the rear above the diff, I have a sunbird turbo getrag 282 on the floor of my garage I could take some pics if you'd like to compare.
And yes the slave bolts to the tranny, that one is missing but yours will bolt right up.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search