Best Place to Order Replacement Carpet - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best Place to Order Replacement Carpet
Sunday, September 21, 2008 5:00 AM
So everyone knows that our original weatherstripping stinks, righ? Well, last weekend's rain left a few gallons of water in my Cavalier...and my carpet is finally shot. I won't go into details, but even after pulling the interior and drying it in the sun...it still smells awful. It was about time to replace the carpet anyways but this is the last straw. I am not putting this back in the car! Here's what it looks like now...

So, perfect time for a replacement carpet & padding set. Anyone have suggestions of where to look? I am looking for a good quality fit. I've ordered carpets for other cars before and had ver little luck with getting a good contoured fit. What about you all?

Thanks.

Re: Best Place to Order Replacement Carpet
Sunday, September 21, 2008 8:54 PM
Check out http://www.stockinteriors.com they have a sale on the conver carpets for the cavs right now.I did a google search and they offer alot more like padding,faqs etc.Alot of the search had loads of sources and pricing varies.Most of the searches I did in the past had solid choices on color,fit,and cost and were almost exact fit minus the mild cuts you may have to do for ur ride.That's the best suggestion I have for you being I plan on maybe doing the same to old sunny at some point.

Monday, September 22, 2008 9:28 AM
Thanks Ron, I actually just ordered some color samples from them last night and they were quick with email response & shipping. We'll keep you posted on how this goes!

Thanks,
Monday, September 22, 2008 9:35 PM
Good deal I may consider them once I get the suspension work done and axles(next on the to do).

Thursday, October 02, 2008 7:47 PM
I ordered mine off ebay from a1 auto. The fit was not perfect, but close enough. The price was pretty good though.

Friday, October 03, 2008 8:45 AM
Thanks again guys. I'm gathering color swatches right now and I'm getting close to a perfect match. I just hope my seats & door panels don't continue to fade over the years.
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 9:36 PM
How is the carpet stuff coming along being a old post?

Thursday, April 02, 2009 12:13 PM
Thanks for the follow-up, Ron. I still have the color swatches on my workbench and I'm waiting on the IRS to give me some tax money to buy the carpet, padding, and floor mats. I've been working on my house (insulation, drywall, new electrical & windows) all winter long and I'm almost done with that. I should order up my carpet next month and have it installed for summer.

I plan on taking pictures & doing a write-up of the install. I'll post up pics when I do. Thanks again for the tip!

-D

Saturday, April 04, 2009 9:50 PM
Cool I have not messed with mine in a month.I just need to dial the timing in but,every time I wanted to do it freaking rains and I have to have the garage door open to do it.It seems it has rained every wk on my day off the last 3 wks.Once I do get it right and flush the rad I will throw it back up jacks to do the front axles left/right and input shaft seal are NEXT.Not to mention I had to work on my daily 87 mazda pu dropped the trans for a new throw out and new rear main seal(was not leaking) but with 190,000 a good idea did that 3wks ago now.Good to hear u have been busy too.

Thursday, April 09, 2009 1:51 PM
man you car is clean, floor pan seems in great shape still

Monday, November 30, 2009 9:32 PM
Just to revive this old post.I ordered some carpet with the oem style backing from http://www.autotrimsupply.com and its for my nephews 98 accord (his 16th bday is dec23) so anyway with the story.I have yet to unfold this but the color is right ON and will post on fit and so forth once I install it.Cost was 135.00 total that is and will elaborate once I do this in a wk or so.They do carry a variety of colors and they DO recommend certain colors based on what yr,model specs.I may consider do the cavs If I like the outcome of this project and note the is made with extra to adjust for proper fit.I still have alot to do on this ride for him it is a suprise thing.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search