Hello from Toledo Ohio - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hello from Toledo Ohio
Wednesday, October 08, 2008 7:05 AM
Hello. I was really surprised to find this site. My first car was a 1983 Pontiac J2000 2 door coupe. 5 speed, bare bones. I got the car from my Mom, so I remember her buying it brand new. Now I am at the age where I would like to relive my youth. Does anybody know where I can find one?

Re: Hello from Toledo Ohio
Wednesday, October 08, 2008 7:24 AM
Finding a J2000 anywhere close is going to be tough, and finding one in OK shape is going to be even harder.
Welcome btw

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, October 08, 2008 7:41 AM
Hey nieghbor, Welcome. Like MD-LD9 said it'll be tough finding one but I seen an old Olds Firenza sedan the other day that had no rust that was being driven by a senior citizen that was obviously garage kept. Check Craigslist, Hemmings every know and then has 1st gen J's listed, Ebaymotors and Yahoo. Also check out Joe's auto sales on Holland/Sylvania N. of Central Ave., every now and then he has a 1st or 2nd gen J and there's a small lot on Reynolds west of Dorr that sells 80's and 90's cars. Check the smaller carlots around town you might just fun into one. Also contact Norm at A&S Auto sales He primarily deals with Saturns but might be able to find you a J2000.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 6:21 PM
I have been looking just not real hard. I know of all the car lots you are talking about Spike J. I saw a 1982 on ebay like a year ago. Bad timing or else I might have been going for a drive to Iowa, or someplace like that. I would be interested in any of the J models, even though it wouldnt be the same. I guess it will still take some looking and waiting.
Friday, October 10, 2008 7:05 PM
Jim, I have a first Gen you may by interested in. I live near Kent State. I bought the car out of Virginia about 10 or 12 years ago. It hasn't been driven in the winter much at all and it's real clean on the underside.. The Doors need a little rust work and the car needs paint. The doors close solid and don't need lifted or pushed to get then closed. The drivers side window switch is a pain and so are the headlight covers. But it runs and drives great. I have a truckload of extra parts I can send along including and extra Turbo and manifold. I've got a nice extra cylinder ha ed and an extra automatic transmission. All floors and trunk are solid. Only 917 of these were built. You could drive it and get 30mpg while you're fixing it up. I have a 1987 Fiero GT that has been sitting and needs repaired. I have a 77 Monza Spyder V-8 that may end up returning to earth before I get to it. And I have a 1966 GTO Convertible that needs an easy restore. I figure the Sunbird is the odd car out when I chose to sell because it run's and you can drive it home. 1800 would get you the car and a truckload of parts. This car was over $17000 in 87. If you come and are interested in the car maybe I could help with delivery by driving up to Norwalk for the halloween racing and meeting you.
Kevin George
monzagoat@yahoo.com
Saturday, October 11, 2008 12:23 PM
Good luck, the 82 and 83 models are almost extinct. They do exist, that much I know. I even ran across a living one recently in a parking lot. You will have to scour the internet far and wide. Sometimes, it can be a few months before you can find an 82 or an 83 on google.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search