hi oe exhaust question? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hi oe exhaust question?
Sunday, October 12, 2008 3:40 PM
Hi guys, i have owened my 86 for about 8 months now and am replaceing the exhaust on it. I have found a cat back oe on ebay , but my question is the item says for 87-90 . I am wondering if this will fit my 86, and aint hte 87 like the 86's.. oh ya my cavi is a 86 z24 hatch back..please help, would like to start driving it.

Re: hi oe exhaust question?
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 6:03 PM
doesent any one know if this will fit my 86 for not? and maybe what year exhaust fits on what year cavy?

Monday, October 20, 2008 6:51 PM
Go to a muffler shop and have them bend up something for you. I got a downpipe-back 2.5" with a magnaflow single muffler custom bent for $200.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 11:56 AM
Ditto on the local exhaust shop thing. It cost me $187 to have mine redone a few years ago, and I was guaranteed to have it fit all the OEM hangars. Some of the aftermarket ones won't.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:40 AM
like the others have said, your best bet's a muffler shop. I did the same thing.

If you got it, a BIG truck brought it!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 9:32 PM
I did the same went to a local shop super cheap solid work to have my orig exh from the cat all the way back done to 2.5 and have a cherry bomb muffler and the hangers are the originals.And its all stainless.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search