NOS Side Mirror Score!! - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NOS Side Mirror Score!!
Sunday, November 02, 2008 1:09 PM
I wanted to share my score story with you.

I have been looking over craigslist for a while, not looking for anything in particular and I ran into an ad for some NOS mirrors that would fit our cars. The guy claimed they are in the original box and everything. He was asking $40. I offered him $30 sight unseen. He bit and I drove over and got them. They are the real deal - perfect side mirrors for my 84. Mine were in good shape but these are mint. These are on eBay for like $40 used and trashed...

Now I have a spare set

Just wanted to share my good news...

Re: NOS Side Mirror Score!!
Monday, November 03, 2008 4:25 PM
SCORE!

I love it when that kinda stuff happens. Congrats on the find!

Monday, November 03, 2008 4:31 PM
Thanks Daryl-

I knew you would appreciate it... How is that carpet install coming along?

Monday, November 03, 2008 5:27 PM
Paul- Still haven't ordered it. I got samples and found a good match but I've been preoccupied installing replacement windows & insulation in my house before winter hits. Its a drafty mess and I'm trying to get it sealed up before I have to shell out $350 a month to heat it!

After that I will get the carpet done and I also have to put a steering rack in it. Its been leaking for 4 years now...so its time.

You store your 'bird in the wintertime?

Monday, November 03, 2008 5:40 PM
Good luck with the house project.

I have not put too many miles on my car this year. I had it dialed in and then put larger injectors cause I wanted more boost. Then started having chip issues. I have an oil pan, mirrors, and other misc parts to put on. I need at least 1 wheel cylinder (leaking). I really want to look at a different trans. This car has to work too hard to keep up on the interstate.

I am going to powdercote the pan and strut tower brace. Also looking at other mods for more power... but - there is this guy that has a 3.1 turbo that he wants $600 for that is piquing my interest...

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 9:52 PM
Neat find for sure.I have resolved the start problem on mine.I like a idiot hooked up the 2 starter wires small post on the wrong side.So now I just need to get the timing dialed in and she'll start.I almost had it fire but,being I am doing this by myself it sucks to turn the distrib to get it right.I just used the eng paint on my oil pan along with the eng primer low gloss black here.I swear those gaskets for the oil suck.I used the 2 cork ones on the sides and obviously the rubber one at the trans but,the one at the timing gear(pita).I just used permatex's the right stuff only no gasket and whalaa.The gasket on that end kept squeezing out (wtf) I was hand tightening these bolts.So once I get this sunny ride running I plan on installing both left/right side axles laying in tool room as I call it next.Regardless my eng bay is cherry looking to bad pictures can't show how good it really looks like new again.

Thursday, November 06, 2008 10:35 AM
Paul94Z28 wrote:I wanted to share my score story with you.

I have been looking over craigslist for a while, not looking for anything in particular and I ran into an ad for some NOS mirrors that would fit our cars. The guy claimed they are in the original box and everything. He was asking $40. I offered him $30 sight unseen. He bit and I drove over and got them. They are the real deal - perfect side mirrors for my 84. Mine were in good shape but these are mint. These are on eBay for like $40 used and trashed...

Now I have a spare set

Just wanted to share my good news...

Hey, if you put those new mirrors on I might be interested in your old mirrors for my '85. My driver's mirror wiggles so much its annoying and useless...
Thursday, November 06, 2008 6:39 PM
pm sent.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search