Got some new tires... pix... - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Got some new tires... pix...
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 3:03 PM
Just felt like sharing. Whatcha think? When I got the car it had three good tires, and a slow leak... Dad had bought these for a project he and a friend were working on that they decided to quit... So, I worked a deal with him for the tires, and got them mounted yesterday. Fronts are 215/60/14 and rear are 235/60/14. Would have liked to have had the same all around, but the price was right, so not gonna complain...

Re: Got some new tires... pix...
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 4:24 PM

Very nice clean car, one of the better ones that are still original. Tires don't look all that bad, like you said, can't beat the price !
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:21 PM
I like the white letters for sure.Gives it better appearance.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:29 PM
Looks great, and the wheels look like they're in excellent shape!

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 10:01 AM
Thanks!

Yeah, the whole car is in great shape. I need to change the inner sway bar bushings, and fix a gas leak, though. I'm thinking its the pump seal. It only leaks when full, and worse when parked on a hill...

Oh, and I have a K for the tail panel. Just keep forgetting to get it on there...
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 3:12 PM
I wonder if its just the rubber hose that connects the fuel filler pipe to the tank... I've had leaks from those before and had it leak when the tank was full.

She looks good with the new tires. I like the beefier rear look, too!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 7:16 PM
Daryl Scott wrote:I wonder if its just the rubber hose that connects the fuel filler pipe to the tank... I've had leaks from those before and had it leak when the tank was full.

She looks good with the new tires. I like the beefier rear look, too!

That was my first thought, but it was replaced shortly before I got the car, and I already checked it. It does kinda look likes it comes coming down over the top... I hate to drop the tank, but may have to. Which if I'm going to drop the tank I'll probably put a new pump while I've got it off, not just a seal...

and if you look at the car from the side on a good level surface it has just a tiny bit of forward rake, which I kinda like especially with the new BFG's...
Thursday, November 13, 2008 8:34 AM
Yeah, dropping the tank is never fun. No matter how empty the system is, you still somehow always manage to get gas on you...usually in your face! Good luck with the project though.
Thursday, November 13, 2008 6:20 PM
Those tires look awesome. I love the 215/60/14s on these cars. I have always had hose on mine, since I replaced the stock 205/60/14 Eagle GTs that were stock on my car back in the day. It makes them look pretty tough from the back. Your larger tires look better still.

Makes me me miss my 86 Skyhawk I bought back in college for $300 as a winter beater. I went to a junk yard and got the T-Type wheels and lived it up until the head went...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search