Oil Pan Before / After - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oil Pan Before / After
Sunday, January 04, 2009 3:54 PM
I completed my oil pan switch today. The desire was to get a good seal using a dry gasket. There are none available for the 1.8, so I used a 2.0 pan and baffle setup with a fel pro dry gasket. Then came the powder cote.

Before

After

Re: Oil Pan Before / After
Tuesday, January 06, 2009 10:27 PM
The oil pan looks good from the pic far away.I had to redo my oil pan gasket bc the cork slipped out on the timing chain end when I hand tighten the bolts up( I was like wtf)So I pulld it back out and cleaned sanded used brake clean and used the rubber gasket at the trans and just the two side cork gaskets and permatex the right stuff gasket maker and just used this on the timing chain area only (no gasket) and once I get sunny running I will see if this prevents leaks.I had to buy another gasket kit obviously when I did this.I just hand tighten all the bolts no torque with a torq wrench.I like the pan look for sure.From the old pan gasket there was no gasket at the timing cover just silicone,guess my sisters old boyfriend who did it at the time back in the early 90s did this bc the gasket want stay in place.I really wish it was rubber and one piece minus at the transmission area where the groove in deep.Good luck.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search