1984 Firenza 4 door sedan worth anything? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1984 Firenza 4 door sedan worth anything?
Monday, August 03, 2009 10:00 PM
My son has a 1984 Oldsmobile Firenza 4 door sedan that he is ready to sell. It has a leak in the power steering system, and the lines are rusty, so if the R&P is replaced the lines will probably break and need replacing also. The front driver's fender is banged in by the wheel, ugly but has been driven that way for three years. All the tires need to be replaced to pass inspection. The motor is the 1.8 OHV four from Brazil, with only 20 or 30 thousand miles on it. My aunt left it to him in 2004, she drove it only 6000 miles in 20 years. Aside from the fender, there aren't any real dents on it, there are spots where the paint is coming off, but for 25 years old its not that bad. The interior is in good shape too.
My question is can he get more parting it out. Are doors, hood, trunk, fender, tail lights, etc, worth more than a 25 year old driver in need of costly repair?

Re: 1984 Firenza 4 door sedan worth anything?
Tuesday, August 04, 2009 8:55 AM
Why get rid of it? The repair can be done for under $500, you can shoe the car for another $200.

Then you have a perfectly good running car with only 25K on the clock.
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 5:21 PM
SAVE IT!!!! Think of the money you will save on gas alone.

Friday, July 02, 2010 11:13 PM
HOLLY CRAP...the low mileage engine alone is worth a fortune...i would keep it. there rare now adays with the low mileage....and there just so cute. lol

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3062549

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search