Looking for headers - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for headers
Friday, January 08, 2010 6:24 PM
Does anyone know where I can find headers for a 1st gen V6 car? I didn't see any on summit or jegs website so I am looking for any suggestions on where to find some.

Re: Looking for headers
Saturday, January 09, 2010 7:54 PM
Josh,

I'm still looking for your headers. I've read somewhere over on V6 about them, but don't know for sure if they're a dirrect bolt on.
Sunday, January 10, 2010 11:37 AM
I'm gonna need a 2nd opinion on this but I think you can use the 3400 headers.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 1:52 PM
MarkyB86 wrote:I'm gonna need a 2nd opinion on this but I think you can use the 3400 headers.

I don't think those will work because the exhaust ports are different on those heads.

Friday, July 02, 2010 11:05 PM
go to harrys u pull it in pa....the biggest junk yard in the entire usa....when i went there a month ago they had over 36 cavaliers 18 1st gen....BEST PART IS...THE PARTS ARE DIRT CHEAP...ITS AMAZING AND U CAN PULL THE STUFF OFF URSELF.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3062549

Saturday, July 03, 2010 10:11 PM
One month ago at Harry's they had a grand total of one--yes only ONE first gen J body car IN THE ENTIRE YARD, and that was a Skyhawk.

There were several 2nd gen cavys, from which I grabbed a spoiler, but yeah, only ONE first gen. I'm not sure you realize that 82-87 is 1st gen (up to 89 for Firenza/Skyhawk), and 88+ is 2nd gen. Yeah, they're mostly the same car under the skin, but there are enough differences that at this forum we have them split up.

welcome to the forum, you're new, you're excited about your Caddy, but trust us when we know it doesn't drive any better than any other J with the "good" suspension.

And no, you can't "just do a few things" and turn one of these into a convertible, well maybe you can in a technical sense, but it really wouldn't be safe to drive. ASC in southern California was contracted to do the conversions by GM back in the day, and if you see a vert alongside an assembly line car, you would see there's much more to it than a chopped roof and a tarp.

Glad to see someone your age appreciating a J, but keep in mind some of us have been driving these since they were still in production, and before you were born.
Thursday, July 08, 2010 12:57 PM
ummm. ok then. all i know is my dad took the v6 2.8 headers off a 88 so...i figured the same will work for ur 1st gen. my friends 90 z24 has the same 2.8 v6 engine thats in my dads 87. so. do what u please. im only hear to get questions answered and help on my car problems...not to brag about random stuff or my caddy. oh & by the way. my cimarron drives a hell of a lot better then my 86 cavalier cs ever will. and the best part....CRUISE CONTROL & NO A**S CRAMPS DRIVING 340 MILES. lmao. and just for ur info on my convertable conversion cimarron. it actually worked and was safe, the only things that cant go on the cavy convertable would be the doors, trunk, & the fender brackets as well as the bumper brackets had to be mod. so it would align right. but u can do it. just use the lights, bumper and front if u can mod it.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3062549

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search