Finally going to pick up my 1987 sunbird convertible!!!! - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Finally going to pick up my 1987 sunbird convertible!!!!
Saturday, April 02, 2011 10:24 AM
Still new to this Forum. I posted recently that I was going to be buying a rare 1987 sunbird convertible. I am finally going to pick it up tomorrow, 4-3-11. I live in ft. lauderdale area, and the sunbird is just over 100 miles away across the state, in Florida. I have had many conversations with the owner about the car, and have seen some pics, but never have yet seen car in person. Normally I would never buy a car without seeing it and driving it, but this is an exception. I am getting this car for $700.00 and it seems to be a clean original garaged car, but not in running condition. Like I said before I have never owned a j body before, but i am a pontiac guy. I do have another ?? for you experts out there. It turns out that this bird does have the GT package, rear spoiler, fender flairs, etc. But there is no indication in the pics or from the owner that it is a turbo edition. So here is my big ?? Did pontiac produce a 1987 sunbird GT non turbo convertible? I still have not been able to find this out for sure. If anyone out there can answer this I would really apprecite it. Thanks, Rob.

Re: Finally going to pick up my 1987 sunbird convertible!!!!
Saturday, April 02, 2011 1:58 PM
If nobody gives you a definitive answer, I can at least tell you there were T-type Buick Skyhawks that were not turbos, so it stands to reason Pontiac did the same for the Sunbird.
Saturday, April 02, 2011 2:50 PM
Good luck and post some pictures!

Saturday, April 02, 2011 4:46 PM
It is also possible someone replaced the motor along the way and put the n/a 2.0 in it. You should be able to look up the VIN # and find out how it was equipped new. I always liked the Pontiac look, and dash.

Joel

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search