help... - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help...
Wednesday, November 23, 2011 4:47 AM
I need both hood hinges for 1987 z24 hood.
Its my understanding that all j-body 1982-1987 have the hood hinges I am looking for. they bolt on the side of the frame portion of the hood. 1988 and up they bolt under...

Re: help...
Wednesday, November 23, 2011 6:40 AM
I will have to check mine out. I put a 89 turbo hood on my 84...

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 7:21 AM
here is a pic of my project...
1987 z24 custom front on a 1988 convertible...

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 9:43 AM
I like it.

Thinking back, I could have saved myself some trouble and bought a clean 88 turbo with a 5-speed and put my 6-light front end on it...

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:32 PM
LOL...now you know , Paul you could have did it that way.....but you wouldn't have had nearly as much fun along the way. Seems like any auto that runs fine and has no problems is ......well.....boring.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:05 PM
Orlen-

That is why we are here, right?

We can't leave well enough alone...

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 8:42 PM
I have NOT forgot your request!!! I have not been able to go to the pull a part yet.Last wk it poured buckets on my day off I planned to go.This place is 2hrs away and this wk clearly aint gonna happen either(holiday).Depending maybe next monday road trip.I DO understand the hinge thing BC I have a 86 z hood fiberglass and know the difference after checking my 85 to the 86 bolt bracket stuff(in my head) and the slight variation.I will see what I can do pending other things in my schedule.I find stuff,and seem to be pretty good at getting it too.Looking for some extra items myself.

Thursday, November 24, 2011 8:25 AM
Ron Love wrote:I have NOT forgot your request!!! I have not been able to go to the pull a part yet.Last wk it poured buckets on my day off I planned to go.This place is 2hrs away and this wk clearly aint gonna happen either(holiday).Depending maybe next monday road trip.I DO understand the hinge thing BC I have a 86 z hood fiberglass and know the difference after checking my 85 to the 86 bolt bracket stuff(in my head) and the slight variation.I will see what I can do pending other things in my schedule.I find stuff,and seem to be pretty good at getting it too.Looking for some extra items myself.

thanks, but just in case your not able to got those hinges, I am asking around...

Thursday, November 24, 2011 9:02 PM
That's what I would do to!

Monday, November 28, 2011 8:25 PM
Are THESE what your wanting!!!!! Went junking today had to drill out those funky rivet heads to remove the brackets.I did have to pull the valence,both fenders bc it makes it easier to drill those 2 rivets at a straight angle.Btw I got the fenders.Let me know if you want these.The main bracket for these that is spot welded to the body are the same but the ARMS are diff between the 1st and 2nd mount wise for it bolting up(that I know).

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:53 AM
you are a life saver... how much do I how you and how do you have paypall?

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 9:00 PM
I am glad to help out.I tell my wife everytime I go junkyarding WHY I go.I know she really understands that here I can get parts like gravy where as up north items are not growing off freaking trees.Plus these items I get are no longer made.She knows it,but I enjoy going to find cool stuff and this year has been freaking solid.And yeah paypal I will email u the specifics as I said.

Thursday, December 08, 2011 5:38 AM
thanks again to Ron Love. the parts got in 2 days ago they are in perfect condition.
fast delivery great price. great dealing with you ron, I hope it will help others to do business with you.

Thursday, December 08, 2011 6:41 AM
SWEET!!!

Love seeing stuff like this. The more you put in, the more you get out!

GO J-BODY.ORG!!!!

Thursday, December 08, 2011 7:47 PM
Awesome deal.I have been so busy the last couple days and getting ready to tear into old sunny next week.She's on jack stands and plan to make time to start this new project and parts are in my possesion to do so.Your welcome and glad these will help complete things to a degree.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search