1987 Cav Z-24 parts needed badly! - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1987 Cav Z-24 parts needed badly!
Sunday, November 27, 2011 12:43 PM
Hi I am new to this and was not sure where to post.. My problem is that I have a 1987 Cavalier Z-24 and am in desperate need of a headliner board and a center console.... Any help is greatly appreciated! Thought maybe someone may know of a junkyard that has a cav that escaped the crusher or that someone may have a parts car.... Thanks, and take care,
Mike

Re: 1987 Cav Z-24 parts needed badly!
Sunday, November 27, 2011 9:42 PM
Yeap wrong place to post this request! But I will see that it gets moved to the 1st gen forum,where you should spend more TIME learning things you might not know.I might be able to help you with said stuff you need.I seem to be the parts finder guy here and yeah a head liner board should be cut and dry to find.It does not have to be out of a Z just any coupe would work,being you will need to recarpet it,and next does your car have a sunroof.Even if it does you can trace out the roof on the used board with a jigsaw.I will get your post MOVED ok.Ron

Monday, November 28, 2011 3:33 PM
Thanks Ron for all the help! Awesome to see people love the old J-bodys as much as I do ! No I do not have a sunroof, and recovering it is no problem. Mine has a corner broken off and not sure how to fix it. The center console is also needed. Color does not matter and from any 5 speed coupe as well.
Thanks again and take care,
Mike
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 9:05 PM
Going yet again wed to look for some stuff 2 diff yards.I will see on the headliner not sure the yards here have the console,and the yard I was at yesterday had a console but automatic.I post back my results.wed night(probably later night).

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:05 PM
Ok here is what I found/got black headliner it has some previous patch points with cardboard and adhesives done,and where the white plastic pipe has a crack BUT very fixable! So my ? is do you want this headliner,and I would probably use fiberglass to patch it,or there is a company called stock interiors that sells interior stuff and they may have stuff to fix the foam board and stiffen it up.I was super carefull with it and the carpet is intact overall,pretty solid piece.This could be stiffened up on the wear points and recovered and I will link the company I found and know about who sells all the products like adhesives,carpet specifically for hdlnrs and link it.Now if you want it I will have to take some time to pack it SUPER good bc it could be damaged easy and DO NOT want that to happen plus the size is stupid big but LIGHT weight!!!!.This came out of a 87coupe gov car(I dept of defense) sticker go figure.Let me know the box for shpg will take me some time and I shp fedex and yes use paypal.

Thursday, December 01, 2011 3:02 PM
Hi thanks for the effort! How much are ya lookin to get for it? A crack does not seem too bad to repair, as I said about mine it has a corner broken off. Man these things are brittle in their old age... Do ya think it would ship well?
Take care,
Mike
Thursday, December 01, 2011 7:56 PM
I would like at least 25 bc of time,removal and shipping cost which I would have to figure out after I box it safe,secure bfore I could give u a rough ship cost.It is light as air,but my concern is to protect it,and a big azz box or two to protect it.I am really thinking on the box stuff and do have to work fri-sun so I can think on how to ship it with out damage.So if your game on price and shpg cost to be determined,I use fedex ground,and paypal.Let me know and I can work on packing this gem,which yeah they can be brittle.The edges especially.

Saturday, December 03, 2011 1:54 PM
Hey go ahead and box it up, I am in no hurry at all..... give me a total and I will paypal you the cash... Please include insurance incase it arrives totally screwed up. Thanks.
My email is vtchevymuddnut@aol.com.
Saturday, December 03, 2011 9:16 PM
Gotcha I have been pondering how the heck to pack it up.I have some good ideas and just need to find two big azz boxes to stick it in.And yeah I have pondered the insurance being fedex has that up to 100 or 200 at no cost anyway.I will see if I can find the boxes to make a big ufo pancake of it(ha ha) but it will stupid packed with protection.I will keep u up to date.Have to work sun.Long day today and doodling here chillin with a cold one.That is all.The tired is kickin me.

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 5:21 PM
Thanks alot! Like I said no hurry, I realize it's quite the task... When ya get a minute here and there is fine! Hope that cold one tasted good! Havin one myself.
Take care,
Mike
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 9:03 PM
Cool bc I wanted to box hunting today however the forcast RAIN.I do not drive my truck in the rain if I can help it.She stays covered (WATERPROOF) style.Tomm(wed) looks the same.I have some solid ideas to pack it so once it is dry out side I will check some places.I saw a big azz box with a tv at target tonight I told my wife I need two of these(she's like what!!!!) I said oh I am shipping a hdliner to vermont.Her reply she says you help people out too much.My thought,umm I love my J and she knows THAT!She understands but,I give a sh!! and know old cars dont just show up with good parts everywhere.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search