looking for some pics - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
looking for some pics
Tuesday, April 17, 2012 3:37 PM
hi everyone , im wondering if someone would have some decent pics of the 2 rear chassis legs on a 1st gen j--body over there from the rear axle mount backwards and were the chassis meets the inner sill structure , im looking to compare them to ours over here in europe , i have an 84 Opel Ascona 2 dr myself on a 1st gen j-body

Cheers Willie

Re: looking for some pics
Wednesday, April 18, 2012 7:22 AM
Sweet ride, I don't have the pics that your looking for. I am curios if you have more pics of that ride
Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:45 AM
Willie-

If you can send me a pic of exactly what you want on your car, I can put my car up on stands and take some pictures. I do have some rear suspension pics when I redid my spring perches on my 84 2000 Sunbird. You can search for them on the 1st gen forum here.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:10 AM
Try the "Tore into the Rear Suspension" thread - should be on the second page or so...

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 11:26 AM
@Paul thanks for that buddy, will get pics up of what im looking to compare

@Aaron heres a link to the car at the minute , looking a bit sorry for itself now!!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.130495440340634.19564.100001405365903&type=3&l=7ec9a5e24f

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:02 PM
I wonder what parts are compatable. The doors look like they are the same as our first gen J's...
Wednesday, April 18, 2012 6:11 PM
WOW!!

That rust is nasty. Where are you located in Europe?

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 8:19 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/647974/1985-chevrolet-cavalier/page-6#6479740011 Here is my 1985 chevrolet cavalier with a full rear resto job aside from new brakes and drums and e brake cables(which I have plans and parts NOW to do this year asap).I have no pics from front looking back at rear but paul might have some from his work.Hope the link works correct if not I will fix.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:55 AM
thanks for the interest and links folks! it has a good bit of tinworm at the minute!! LOL im in ireland here, these 2dr asconas were only imported for 1 year and there was only 114 ish brought in so they arent too common , the 4dr model was available from 82 to 88 though

Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:42 PM
Maybe you could get Mike Brewer @ Edd China to give you a hand with your 'Cona!!

I Love that Show!!

Sure enjoyed your picts, it's nice to get a reminder that J-Bodies were here, there & everywhere!! It's a pleasure having you here on 1st gen. Hope you have much luck and miles of smiles with your J's :-)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search