Another goal reached... now have Cowl Induction Hood! - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Another goal reached... now have Cowl Induction Hood!
Sunday, August 19, 2012 8:35 AM

Many thanks go out to Mr. Terry Biddle - JBO Member from Florida. He went over and above to help me obtain an '87 Cowl Induction hood for my Z24. His kindly assistance included designing/building a custom shipping crate, and transporting the hood to his nearest Grey Hound for shipping. Simply put, his example represents the best of what a car board like this can be. Thanks again Terry!

Kudos also to Grey Hound for delivering at a fraction of cost of what Fed-Ex or UPS wanted. The whole package shipped for around $124.00.

I will be taking the hood and rear (factory) spoiler to my local shop this week to get a quote. After prep, paint, and mounting, I will share some pictures here for all to enjoy. BTW, Terry has a nice '89 Z24 Convertable that is in need of some pieces. Perhaps he can post and maybe the group can help him out? Good karma for all!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Steve.

Re: Another goal reached... now have Cowl Induction Hood!
Sunday, August 19, 2012 9:38 AM
now thats a nice box!

Monday, August 20, 2012 4:25 PM
VERY SWEET BOX!

Nice hood too!

Monday, August 20, 2012 7:29 PM
Yeah that design seemed to do a good job.I am working on finding those said pieces for terry.I have located a few odd items already and one sent(to a friend of pauls!) with a bird.I just have to figure out how to pack a headliner and inner fender weld plastic piece together.One big box for sure.Glad things are going well on improvements.

Monday, November 12, 2012 8:26 PM
Hey Steve,

What did you need besides the hood itself to work on your '86? Underhood ducting? Airbox? I am looking into doing the same.
Also, (insane question) did you happen to save that shipping crate?

Thank you!

John

(Quoting a past member)-"Never underestimate a First Gen"
Monday, November 12, 2012 9:26 PM
That is a nice hood! m/ m/ m/

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:50 AM
Hi John, Due to space limitations, I had to disassemble the box. I was however able to get a beautiful stock '87 cold air intake with the help of Ron Love. Because of unfortunate circumstances (related to the shop I took the parts to in not performing the work), I was unable to get the hood prepped, painted, and mounted to the car before it went into storage for the winter. My belief is the '87 intake will bolt directly in place and mate up with the seal on the new hood. If not, we will fabricate the required changes to make it work. There are some nice pictures that Ron posted under the "Junkyard Finds" thread that show the piece.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:23 AM
Thanks Dennis- I'll look at Ron's thread.

(Quoting a past member)-"Never underestimate a First Gen"
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:20 PM
Yeah steve that air box is pretty easy to install.It has the one bracket that attaches to the battery tray, and the rest is pretty straight forward for hook up.The one reason I saved the bolts for that L like bracket bc it is necessary when installing and the hardware.Most of the 2nd gens run the same part and hook up is identical.The only real diff is the hoods on the 2nd gen look but,the box is same and hole where hood seats down on top for the air.At least GM did one thing right and kept that aspect the same.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search