Two 1st Gens on eBay - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Re: Two 1st Gens on eBay
Monday, March 03, 2014 8:34 PM
Man I'd love to have a hatchback. But I'm not gonna drive to New Jersey to get one. lol

Monday, March 03, 2014 9:27 PM
Both seem pretty decent.I would go for the hatch myself.Long day trucking in the wacky weather.

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 5:24 AM
Tuesday, March 04, 2014 6:51 PM
I like them all , but........That 87 GT is just Awesomeness!! Drools...........

Since we were discussing the wheels like the ones on the '87 RS in another thread - it seems to appear that these are 13" on this car..... Did GM , in fact, make this style wheel in 13" and 14" too?

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 5:22 AM
Orlen Brown wrote:I like them all , but........That 87 GT is just Awesomeness!! Drools...........

Since we were discussing the wheels like the ones on the '87 RS in another thread - it seems to appear that these are 13" on this car..... Did GM , in fact, make this style wheel in 13" and 14" too?

Well according to www.car-part.com they did come in 13x5.5 & 14x6 inch, and apparently alot of junkyards still have the 13's in stock.

Saturday, March 15, 2014 4:04 PM
I ended up with the that type 10 great little car drove it all the way back 400 miles no one bit of trouble
Saturday, March 15, 2014 5:22 PM
*** Congratulations Kevin!!
^
^

Now that you have the cutest little hatchback in town - everyone will know when you are out and about!

Also come with it the obsession of chasing down spare parts! I had the pleasure myself of going "Junkyarding" today for the first time - in quite a long time!! Haunted a "Pick 'n Save" in Roanoke about 50 miles away.

Not 1 single 1st Gen to be had

Hordes of 3rd gen all over the place but only 3 - 2nd gens ...... now they are getting slim pickins' too.

Please do keep us in the loop via your 1st Gen Journey!!

Sunday, March 16, 2014 6:07 AM
Welcome to our band of brothers!

The Ebay pics looked great, any flaws now that you've been up close?
Sunday, March 16, 2014 8:07 AM
little rust in front of both front wheels, getting a ghost check engine light once in a while, and electric door locks are in operable but its like a new car with 36,000 on it only
Sunday, March 16, 2014 10:42 AM
Considering both locks don't work, I would suspect a disconnected/loose wire somewhere.

I did so much last year, and I'm not sure if I'm correct on this (don't worry, someone who knows for sure will confirm or deny what I'm about to write so you get the true story), but I think BOTH must be hooked up for EITHER to work.

Sunday, March 16, 2014 6:18 PM
Congrats.... Looks like a nice little car. Take some good pictures and post them up here so we can see the car. Great to see another 1st gen saved from the crusher.

Sunday, March 16, 2014 9:24 PM
Welcome to the board.That is a good starter car with not too much drama with the age of it.As for the check engine light my suggestion is to check plugs on all the engine sensors.I will list a few like the oil pressure sender,oil sensor (low oil) these are side by side back of block.Inside the air cleaner is the air temp sensor should be blue in color with AC delco on it,your coolant temp sender which is at the thermostat housing,your oxygen sensor on exhaust manifold right up front.These are few not counting the map sensor on the firewall behind the tbi, tps, egr which has no real hook up aside from vacumm lines,check your ground wires and alternator plug in(white plug) .I could write a book and can tell you where things are just from memory.Once you get used to the car and things need to be addressed or questions just ask! long day work wise so done for now.Ok R

Monday, March 17, 2014 5:59 AM
thanks guys i am gonna check it out tonight and do some work on it ill snap some pictures and post them up on here.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search