Key-less entry aculator set up photos on my car. - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Key-less entry aculator set up photos on my car.
Thursday, March 06, 2014 11:47 AM

Someone was asking about connecting a key-less entry on first to second gen cars.
here is a few pics of just how easy it is to connect in your door.

Click on each photo to see a bigger view.

B.T.W I have two and they work. in box me. trade me a inner door floor molding. or just take them . hope I helped.

Re: Key-less entry aculator set up photos on my car.
Thursday, March 06, 2014 5:04 PM
That's not the correct way. The correct way is back where the lock is towards the b pillar. The actuator goes vertical. They way you have it after a while tend to stop working do to the actuators getting weaker over time.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Thursday, March 06, 2014 7:56 PM
You can see how it goes in on my thread "finally some pics"
Thursday, March 06, 2014 10:41 PM
I guess a cool idea if your wanting a modern feature.Not kicking the idea but,personally I like the norm on the 1st gens as this is a simple,easy to maintain feature and well cheaper.Still if that is what you want go for it!!! I can't say sunny is not modernized as the radio and speakers are literally the only NON stock item.Nice pics to boot.

Friday, March 07, 2014 7:13 AM
Makes sense. That's how I got it. I took it off.
Friday, March 07, 2014 2:46 PM
I have had keyless on my 84 since about 94. It is a nice feature installed through the code-alarm. The main failure I had was the alarm itself failed. I replaced it with an Avital about 10 years ago and have been fine. I even added a trunk pop through the alarm.

It was kinda spooky when it failed. I was driving around and the doors were locking and unlocking by themselves.

Friday, March 07, 2014 9:18 PM
Paul your car may have been possessed with such a new technology is was freaking out!Just kidding but had to have a fun comment all the same.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search