1985 cavalier a/c - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1985 cavalier a/c
Monday, July 28, 2014 3:20 PM
i have a 1985 Chevrolet cavalier 2.0. without any a/c. i live in the desert. so my question is: is there an option for a/c for the 2.0 engine? if not is there any way i can install like some sort of universal aftermarket a/c system. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Re: 1985 cavalier a/c
Monday, July 28, 2014 4:12 PM
Welcome to the site!

You could add factory A/C, but you would need a donor car with a 2.0 from the same year or close to it. It is a LOT of work but it can be done.

Monday, July 28, 2014 9:15 PM
John is correct.You would need the AC brackets and factory hardlines to start.Short list ac compressor and drier you can buy NEW,but the condenser Idk probably offered as a new item never bothered to check if available.Your hvac assembly may have to be swapped as well that I would have to check into on my junkyarding adventures.Without really doing some homework on my end I have no idea of real cost to add that with used/new parts but consertively I figure 500.00 depending on real #s as I would go new AC compressor and drier for sure and condenser IF it were me.Again these numbers are a guess and the labor aspect you or a shop installing.I trust zero shops on my car as it is so old they might goof something up worse than it was from a period correct car.If you could find a same year model car or similar and buy the whole car and swap you get all the goodies and your time to do it.Welcome to the jbody and I am Ron

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 3:38 AM
thanks guys for the replies i appreciate it im glad that there was an option for it so its good that it is possible to get it. its gonna be difficult to find one but ill find one eventually
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search