My Camaro and Sunbird - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My Camaro and Sunbird
Sunday, September 14, 2014 7:03 PM

Got em both out today. Both are running and not dropping fluid at the moment.

Today is a good day!

Re: My Camaro and Sunbird
Sunday, September 14, 2014 7:39 PM
LOVE IT!!

You need a license plate that reads " 2MUCH FN"

Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:42 PM
I like the red one! Very nice rides you own paul and they look great.I can relate to the red color as the 87 mazda I have owned for 28 years is well sunrise red! Like red you bet.

Monday, September 15, 2014 4:30 AM
i see you are definitly a ragtop man! they are both great looking cars and it is always a great feeling when your vehicles are running good. i bet it is hard to decide which one to take out for a spin and put the pedal to the floor! i've never driven a turbo, how does it compare in aceleration to the camaro? will it throw you back into your seat? i like taking my wifes 2.8 vert out on the lonely country roads and giving it a little work out. so much fun. to me it makes no sense to spend so much time, energy and money on a car not to drive it and have some fun. why bother even getting them running if you are just ketting them sit like a knik-nac on a shelf ?
Monday, September 15, 2014 6:05 PM
Nice cars Paul.
Bet you can't stand to have anything leak on the concrete driveway.. That is why I hardly ever park the Cav on the driveway without a piece of cardboard under the leaking P.S. rack... just one more thing to contend with. But it has been running great this year, so the miles have added up this summer. Too bad the summer is over, at least here in the northeast.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 4:42 PM
John Galt- It is hard to pick sometimes...

As far as the driving experience, the Camaro has more than double the horsepower than the Sunbird. It started at 275 stock and now has close to 400 at the crank. It has a 4.10 gear, hotcam and supporting mods. It is meant to put you back in your seat. The fun begins at 3000 and ends when the shift light comes on at 6000. It runs low 13s in the quarter mile. This is the car I drive fast

The Sunbird is my cruiser. It feels peppy, but not fast. It is what I would call a "spirited" driver. After opening up the intake and exhaust, bigger injectors and a 2.0 tune from Shannen, I would put it somewhere in the 160 HP area. I need to get a dyno run to see where I really am. Hearing the turbo spool up is MUSIC... I would put it at 15-16 seconds in the quarter mile. I may take it to Milan before they close for the season if I can get a couple of minutes for some test n tune runs. It is the car I take to put the top down, let the sun in, and forget about my cares for a while.

Two very different cars, two different purposes. They just happen to both be red.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search