Rare 86 Z24 Convertible For Sale on eBay - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rare 86 Z24 Convertible For Sale on eBay
Thursday, March 12, 2015 9:41 AM

Re: Rare 86 Z24 Convertible For Sale on eBay
Thursday, March 12, 2015 9:50 AM
Don't mean to get off topic, but I'd love to someday convert a Skyhawk (should I ever find one) to a convertible, and I read somewhere on here that the best idea would be to swap out a Skyhawk front and rear on a Cav or Sunbird convertible. How hard is that to do? If that could be done, it would be easy to swap out a few interior items and trim....
Thursday, March 12, 2015 1:11 PM
Difficulty is only dependent on your level of skill and creativity for any mod you want to make.

But...using a sunbird would be better for the rear bumper and wrap around tail lights of the Hawk. Nose should go right on for the most part. But then you have the issue of the "belt" around the body needing to be scrapped because they probably won't meet up (on a cavalier the belt is lower than a hawk, i don't know about a sunbird).

For the most part, doing body panels is all about blood, sweat and tears. No major knowledge required, just find bolts and turn them, some are harder than others to turn, some are easier than others to find.

Now the interior, you're looking at a different dashboard and dealing with the door panels as I believe sizing may be different for a vert. You'd have to leave the back seats alone as they are narrower than on a coupe.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head on the subject.
Thursday, March 12, 2015 9:36 PM
Cool ride for sale I would go for it IF I were in the right position.Now hugh personally I think making a Skyhawk would be not worth the time,expense and the rarity of parts today.Not to sour the idea just being logical in regards to finding parts and do it as close to what would be a good investment.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search