Check in (let us know your on here) - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Check in (let us know your on here)
Wednesday, July 29, 2015 9:19 PM
I realize we all get busy and do not always post on comment's or add to our own.SO I would like all of US 1st gen owner's to CHECK IN and let us know your OK and while not posting at least we know your frequenting the site and nothing to update,comment,or change on your own post.I figured I would start this as I know we have quite a few member's who just do not post and do check in but,say ZERO.Obviously I check in a lot as I come here all the time not commenting but,do read any changes or post.If you want you can add some back stories of the busy stuff as the other post that side track working on your ride is cool,but doe's not focus on this point IMO.Ron

Re: Check in (let us know your on here)
Thursday, July 30, 2015 12:03 AM
Check In! I normally get on here 3 times a week. Once a week ill post.

Thursday, July 30, 2015 5:42 AM
Here every day, quick checks for anything new a few times a day either desktop or mobile.

Currently filling my time studying in case Millionaire finally calls, helping my wife start her horse boarding business, and working on ideas for body kit.
Thursday, July 30, 2015 9:54 AM
I may post too much, but here and check in about every day. I do have an update on my 83 Hawk but will wash it tomorrow, take some pics, post and update under my existing thread, or that one AND this one.
Thursday, July 30, 2015 11:02 AM
Check in at least every other day! Still looking for a 5 speed trans that has a cable operated clutch pedal and speedometer.

Thursday, July 30, 2015 11:34 AM
I get on here more in the winter months that I do in the summer (LOTS to do when it's warm !), but I'd say I'm on here about a couple times a week !

~ Mike ~

Thursday, July 30, 2015 4:12 PM

I'm always lurking in the shadows... the fleet is here too.
Thursday, July 30, 2015 8:38 PM
Very cool and I figured for those pop in from time to time this would be a easy way to post a hello instead adding a thread or posting on a really dated post unrelated.I today kept things simple.Ran some errands,went out for lunch,and even chated with john 84 vert on the phone for a catch up.I did come home removed all the general stuff in my garage,sanded my steps from the shop to the kitchen door to make them clean and look like new wood,then blew out the floor,and then pressured washed the floor.I use Lysol floor cleaners for a clean odor free shop plus it sanitizes it to reduce insects and unwanted pest like field mice or snakes.To finish out the hard sweaty work I use a squeegee to dry the floor and turned on my Favorite part my 15000 btu AC window unit (covers 800sq ft) my shop is 700 and cool things down while I put everything back then close the two doors and put 6 glad airfreshners to add a pleasant aroma for the non odor greasy smell or lawn equip.I do keep my ride mower clean like my cars and weed eater too.OCD yes I am.

Friday, July 31, 2015 2:59 PM
Put some sheets of Bounce and similar dryer sheets to keep the mice out. They hate that smell.
Friday, July 31, 2015 4:37 PM
Sorry been a stranger - been buried in my (newer) job. I manage the team that does the dealer recontracting for all of GM's dealers. We recontract the US dealers every five years and 2015 is one of those years so here we are.

I am thinking of purchasing a local wrecked 87 convertible to part out - don't really have a place for it but working on that.

Great Idea for the Check-In Ron!

Friday, July 31, 2015 8:34 PM
Cool paul and see your up to your eyeballs staying busy.Hugh I use the Lysol floor cleaner on the concrete which is strong and those have the same effect.I also add odor killing things too as I said to keep it smelling clean.It has been maybe two or three yrs since a mouse came in my shop and could not catch it at least easy.I had to go hostile and buy some d-con round hockey puck mouse traps.These Do work as one night I set it out,bait goes into the bottom tape it back over and rotate the puck and done and wait.Next day unwanted mouse was in hotel dead end.Also paul I figured this post would be simple and cut down adding to old topics to say hey or something unrelated.Wish more of our members pop in I can think of several who have not been on here in a long while.

Saturday, August 01, 2015 4:50 AM
With 2 J's and a P besides my truck and wife's cars I always have a project underway. But I do check in here every couple of days just to see what's going on. This is a dedicated bunch of great guys who share lots of interesting things they do and find and I love to read the posts. Off to a car show with my friend and his 81 Z28 this morning. Hey Paul, that Sunbird is down to 300.00!

Saturday, August 01, 2015 7:16 AM
This is definitely not a thread for me as I am a regular.

Lately been engaged in try to resurrect a badly rusted West Virginia '02 Cavalier Sedan (last year for the OHV) I picked up for $150 and hope to use it as a bad weather daily. Drive train is perfect. Spent 9 hours at the local yard yesterday with 1/2 prices and enjoyed every minute of it! Among a lot of other goodies managed to secure the entire fuel system minus the tank and entire brake system minus the front components and booster.

Paul,I read you manage the team that does the dealer recontracting for all of GM's dealers Well, tell your local dealer if they can arrange you a little space for your donor 'vert you'll personally see that their contract is handled quickly and problem free!!

Saturday, August 01, 2015 10:02 AM
"Quickly and problem free" and "General Motors" aren't usually in the same sentence.
Saturday, August 01, 2015 12:30 PM

Check In,

I really like to go two times a weeks to read your passion for the first gen, I like the comment from Orlen he is very passionate

Two week ago I got the chance to buy a new Cavalier Hatchback 1982 in Ontario,

Have a good summer everyone!
Saturday, August 01, 2015 2:07 PM
what did they did they do? send all the hatches to canada? ive seen one hatch in 5yrs and the guy wont sell. finding a first gen around here of any kind is harder than eating jello with chop sticks!
Saturday, August 01, 2015 4:24 PM
Pierre, we're are you from, would be cool to see another 82 hatch. My 82 J2000 is tired of being the only hatch around.
Saturday, August 01, 2015 6:21 PM

Good day Aaron,

I am in Gatineau Quebec, close Ottawa Canada, actually if you are from Ayton Ontario, I buy this Hatchback in your backyard in Acton Ontario.

If you come close Ottawa and interesting to see both care , your are welcome,

Have a good weekend,
Saturday, August 01, 2015 10:35 PM
That 82 hatch just rules in simple sweetness! That car looks very clean pierre. I can't wait to go the junkyard myself orlen.My fav place has Zero 1st or 2nd gens.I may try to pop in my local crappy place like next week as they only list recent inventory not old stuff there for a while?I kind of hate that but,I am looking for some very specific things and have a alternate spot if I have to go ballistic last resort looking.This week my hands are full of work on 1 car.2002 Honda civic (nephews) preparing a full detail in and out and New headlights to be installed and knuckles hurt new rear struts.I have already taken one vac day tue to start on the project to get a headstart.

Sunday, August 02, 2015 4:32 AM

Good morning Ron,

The car have only 53 K and never see winter, this is not a CL , the model is a JE77 on paper work, AM radio , the stering wheel was made only for 1982 model

Sunday, August 02, 2015 6:37 AM
Never saw an ad for it. I'm part of the J-body club of ontario, though I've never been out that far it would be great to see if out at a bash next year. Or both as you can see two there. I know I will be needing a couple extra drivers to haul some cars to the show

As far as a hatch in action goes. I know there was one just on the north east end of town right on hwy 7. It was spray bombed silver and going price on it and it's missing engine components (have done v6swap) was $2000... but I haven't seen it in a while.

Last hatch I saw for sale was a olds firenza in the Bolton area.

Sunday, August 02, 2015 11:22 AM

Hello Aaron,

I will be interested to be at the bash next year, let me know, when will the time and info,

I still think we have some Hatch up there, my first was in Aylmer ontario, for the one in Acton the add on Kijiji
was under 1980 cavalier, people make mistake with the years, Aaron we have in our search put the years of 1980 and 1981.

Have a great day to you and your family,
Sunday, August 02, 2015 6:26 PM
Do any of your Two Bucket Cars have the early 1.8 OHV engines. Are any of them carburated ? Love to see a few photos if they are!!

Me passionate?....Hahaa.... I'm just a N U T

Sunday, August 02, 2015 7:32 PM
Still here. Just driving my Z and storing it in the winter. Have not installed cowl hood or rear spoiler yet. Will do this when I paint the car.

Sunday, August 02, 2015 9:23 PM
Pierre that is by far the 1st steering wheel like that I have ever seen!! Very unique and as with any early 82 to 83 gm may have changed ALL kind of things trying to make a good selling car for all.And as for Orlen's request to see the E2SE carb (which should be a Rochester) I also would like to see a pic of the carb exposed from the air cleaner out of the way.Just some info as I dug out my Chilton's this in fact is a Rochester.It was used on the 1982's and a 2brrl two stage carb of downdraft design using with conjuction of the ccc or computer command control.More info Gm Rochester carbs are identified by their model codeThe 1st # indicates the barrels while the last letters indicate's the type of choke.The letters are V for the manifold mounted choke coil,C is for the choke coil mounted in the the carb body.And last E for electric choke also mounted on the carb.Last is a model code ending in A indicate an altitude - compensation carb.Let's say I did some reading and well refreshed my memory right now sharing this reading my book.Boring maybe but,I enjoy this old stuff .And steve glad to see you drop by,you must have heard my telepathic thoughts as I was literally thinking of YOU last nite!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search