Motorweek 1986 GM Line-up Video - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Motorweek 1986 GM Line-up Video
Monday, August 10, 2015 8:03 AM
Some great shots of our beloved J-bodies in this old video. That Skyhawk sure is pretty and that Pontiac steering wheel sure could use more buttons! Skip to the 15-minute mark to hear about the new headlights on the Cimarron. Oooooh!

1988 Cadillac Cimarron

Re: Motorweek 1986 GM Line-up Video
Monday, August 10, 2015 1:37 PM
Just never see any of those cars on the road anymore. At least not up here in New England.

Monday, August 10, 2015 3:20 PM
Ha! That was fun. 1986 was a very good year...

I was never quite sure what I thought of the D'Oro Cimmaron. There's one for sale, actually.

I never could understand why GM tried to sell the N bodies alongside the J bodies. Seems like they'd be competing, but I guess the N bodies were more expensive and decked out. Chevy didn't have an N body, right?
Monday, August 10, 2015 8:35 PM
I enjoyed the flashback.The Skyhawk T type and forenza hatchbacks just kick A-- in appeal to me.Oh I did like the cav hatch too. I have to say the buick Skyhawk T type is a stepped up car especially on the interior side of the options.I have two super nice bucket seats that just are super nice (not in real life condition) right now,but wayyyy better than any z or yes type 10.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 8:22 PM
I don't know why they didn't make a Skyhawk convertible.
Tuesday, August 11, 2015 10:07 PM
Who know's hugh I guess the same puzzled reason they did not offer a turbo in a say type 10 cavalier.I think they spread unique features among the line but,all did not share some individual qualities among them wheels,interior, and colors and or versions.I can say I have never heard of or saw a sunbird z24.Crazy stuff but,I think they did it with good intention to divide the like's of each brand and model to make it desired by buyers who might be loyal to one aspect of GM.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search