Bolt n Nut Blaster - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bolt n Nut Blaster
Sunday, October 25, 2015 6:06 PM
Stumbled across this on YouTube. I gave it a try since I'm finally starting on the '94 head gasket. Even allowed me to get those exhaust nuts off the manifold - no stripping, no breaking! Please give this a try - it really does work!! (.....and CHEAP!!)

I'll never buy a can of whatever to do this ever again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WuVBFTzoKc

Re: Bolt n Nut Blaster
Monday, October 26, 2015 6:34 AM
Yup,
I've been using that combo for years for frozen bolts/ nuts/ studs.
I run a diesel engine machine shop, so I've seen just about ever concoction known to man used to do this task.
The ATV/ Acetone combo is the best of all liquid forms of penetrating oil, BUT, if all of the penetrating oils can't get it loosened, the next thing you should try instead of sawing and drilling out busted bolts or using a nut splitter is to put heat on the nut or whatever the bolt is stuck in (try not to put heat directly onto the fastener) and then use paraffin or candle wax on it. The heat will draw the wax into the threads. Works about 80% of the time !

~ Mike ~

Monday, October 26, 2015 5:59 PM
Another great idea for the shade tree mechanic. I'll give it a try!

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 10:15 PM
The short liquid wrench is my best choice.But I have used a product called Rapid tap from the company Relton corporation.I prefer LW and let it soak,however the rapid tap used for machining gets into the rust IF let sit for a touch.Worst case is I use a propane torch and even went as far as using CRC freeze off.IMO it just depends on what your working on and the time frame to do so.I realize with sooooo many choices which one do you try? I will say I pretty much hate on the wd40 period.Evaporust does wonders and completely water soluble.Tired I am and done.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 4:29 AM
Cool, I'm interested to try that as well.
Anyone use Fluid Film? I find it's a good replacement for things like WD40 .. doesn't evaporate and lubricates well.

• 86 Skyhawk wagon : 2.0SOHC swap, Megasquirt, 20SEH cam
• 93 Sunbird sedan : 2.0SOHC, Microsquirt, ported head, 10:1
• 88 Sunbird coupe : 2.0SOHC, turbo project car, giant tires
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search