engine parts? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
engine parts?
Sunday, August 13, 2006 12:34 AM
does anyone know of anywhere besides mantapart to find them? i searched around,and searched the forum, but didnt find anything. im trying to find parts for a 1.8l turbo.

anything is something.

Re: engine parts?
Sunday, August 13, 2006 12:26 PM
What do you need?

People in the forum could be a good source of assistance.

Monday, August 14, 2006 7:24 AM
i was trying to find a new valvetrain that would raise my rpm limit a bit, and i wasnt sure how much boost the stock turbo 1.8 bottom end could hold. anyone know?
Monday, August 14, 2006 5:40 PM
I know for a fact that the stock turbo put out 5-6 psi max boost. It is limited by the factory ecm. If it has the iron rods and pistons i would think maybe 7 or 8 psi, maybe 9 if you are pushing it but I wouldn't risk that without some internal engine modifications. The other place that you may want to check for parts would be ebay sellers. There are a few of them that specialize in regrinding cams and other engine parts for the 1.8L and 2.0L first gens non-turbo and turbo charged models. Hope this helps a little bit. Also I have a question for those of you who have upgraded your wheels and tires. I have a 1986 cavalier 4 door. I am updating my wheels to a set of motegi mr7's. They have a 5x100 lug pattern. I am not sure of the off set but I saw that sharkey had put a set of 17's on his cavalier. I was looking for a second opinion. Thanks again.
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:45 PM
www.coltcams.com

re does regrinds.. heard hes good, he said he could make a cam for a 2.0 with .446 lift and 282 duration... which is monsterous for a little 4 cylinder like the 2.0 lol... but hope this helps, if you even still need this lol

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Wednesday, May 02, 2007 6:35 AM
LA..... raising the rpm limitation on an engine isn't a cure-all for power problems. It doesn't do any good to have an engine spin to 9000rpm if all it's making is noise... not power.

Build/run your combo within the limitations that you now have. If you need valvetrain parts for your 1.8 or some ideas on how to "reasonably' raise your limits, shoot me an email.

Alan
Wednesday, May 02, 2007 6:38 AM
lynn.......... oops sorry wrong name...... need more coffee !
Monday, May 21, 2007 6:37 PM
Paul94Z28 wrote:What do you need?

People in the forum could be a good source of assistance.

im really trying to find an adjustable cam gear for the 1.8...and of course i keep coming up with mantapart... any ideas?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search