Enjoying the car - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Enjoying the car
Thursday, August 24, 2006 6:59 PM
Hi All-

Had the Woodward Cruise this past weekend. I swapped on my 16" Grand Am rims and went. I drove the car all weekend in the rain. The car ran great and kept its cool - even when idling for 45 min straight. I did kloose power due to a loose + battery connection which I ended up replaing both cables as they were damaged when the possum made its home under my hood.

The wife's car died so I have been driving the car to work every day. It has given me 22.5 MPG with all city driving, and all that time sitting on Woodward. I did not see another Sunbird of the same vintage out there. There was one two years ago...

I got a quote on having someone do my clutch - they said $800 to replace everything. Needless to say, I will be doing it myself after the new (86) interior goes in. I got my color swatches and will be going with the graphite carpet.

I do need some convertible specific top door trim if anyone happens to know where I can get it.

Take Care!

Paul

Re: Enjoying the car
Friday, August 25, 2006 10:30 AM
Rock on, Paul. Glad to hear you're back in the saddle again!

It helps to spend some time in them over the summer months to get re-aquainted. Good luck with your clutch job, though. I hate having transmissions laying on my chest! LOL

Re: Enjoying the car
Friday, August 25, 2006 4:45 PM
The slip is getting worse, so it will be soon

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search