Firenza Rally Gauges!!!!! - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Firenza Rally Gauges!!!!!
Friday, September 22, 2006 9:10 AM
Hello ladies and gents I know this is a repost but its only cause i have not received a reply, I am looking for the gauge cluster out of the first gens with the tach and all the other gauges. My first question is are these direct plug ins if you dont already have them, 2) Does anyone got an extra one, 3) if you answered no to these questions does anyone have a gas gauge they got kickin around i could have or purchase.

I want to keep my 87 olds firenza hatchback as long as i can and once this spring is over if she is still alive i am actually gonna start investing money on this bad boy. I would also liek to say that this car is the most reliable car there is, My friends have single handidly ran every civic into the ground and yet they still continue to make fun of my car, but hey mine is still runnin strong few leaks but shes still going strong. Another comment i would liek to make is that since i took over ownership on this car it had 105000 kms on it in 2001, now in 2007 it has nearly 210000 kms, i have put 3500 into in repairs and general maintence in the 6 years i have owned it, now on the other hand a girl form my work has a 2001 honda civic which she bought used in 2003 she has put well over 7000 in repairs since shes had it. Now if thats not proof that domestic cars can take the @!#$ domestic drivers give them i do not know what is.

Re: Firenza Rally Gauges!!!!!
Friday, September 22, 2006 10:27 AM
if you want to purchase or sell anything, look to the classifieds. no sales are permitted in any part of the forum, per the rules you agreed to before you signed up.

one question, by the way...why didn't you just bump your thread, rather than posting a new one? double posts are the devil(and aren't permitted).

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

you know, i love when people like to criticize others about their behavior,
but turn around and do the same freaking thing months later...
Friday, September 22, 2006 11:43 AM
A bump would have accomplished the same thing, but it seems to me that the guy is simply looking for some parts & advice. What's the big deal here? The post is about more than just asking for parts, he is asking techincal information.

Are the suddenly MODERATORS of the jbo?

Saturday, September 23, 2006 5:22 AM
well, for the longest time nobody bothered to look at this and the second gen sections...but there IS a moderator who DOES check this section now. just trying to help the dude out, rather than seeing his thread get locked or deleted.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

Saturday, September 23, 2006 9:38 AM
No prob, I was just wondering if there were folks who checked and deleted that stuff here, since there is so little traffic. Seems like there's only a few posts per week here. We're all good.

As far as the plug and play question with the different gagues, I don't think that's the case. I think there is different wiring that goes into the rally gauge cluster due to the different type of sending units, like the oil pressure, temp, etc. I know the sending units are different, so it would make sense that its not a plug & play deal...but I cannot say for sure because I've never messed with the swap. I'm still running my OEM setup with the crappy idiot lights. The only guages I've got are a speedo and a gas guage!

Anyone else out there swapped to a full guage cluster?
Saturday, September 23, 2006 5:25 PM
yep...there are individuals who do actually moderate these forums now, particularly because of the recent influx of for sale posts.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search