Clear Headlights - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clear Headlights
Friday, December 22, 2006 2:14 PM
Has anyone ever tried these replacements from ebay? I was thinking of switching to them, so then when I needed to all I would have to switch is the bulb, but I have a few Q's. I'll start off by telling you I have the flip-up headlights(87sunbird). So what are the differences between my stock sealed beam for the high and low beam, are they adjusted differently, or is it a wattage difference? Do all 4 lights come on for the highs(can't check this right now)? Does a H4 bulb connect into the stock harness or would I have to get harnesses too?

ebay auction for clear lenses

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust

Re: Clear Headlights
Friday, December 22, 2006 5:00 PM
i have a bosche/hella h4 conversion kit in my car. all the conversion housings do is allow you to use any bulb you desire. the low beams still shut off when you turn the high beam on.

you do need to change the wiring, the plug will plug into the h4 bulb but its wired wrong. the kit i have has a conversion harness to no rewiring is needed.

Friday, December 22, 2006 8:25 PM
sorry but my 86 sunbird with quad sealbeam in front light up all four in high beam and my fog lamp turn off
Friday, December 22, 2006 9:25 PM
My old 85 cav has 4 hd lites and they all light up with the Hi beams on here, I do not have fogs/drvg lights either.

Friday, December 22, 2006 9:32 PM
i am wrong, the low beams will shut off if you do not change the wiring for the h4 bulbs. i checked mine tonight and indeed, all 4 light up. i hardly ever use my high beams so i tend to forget.

Friday, December 22, 2006 9:58 PM
sharkey.......Can you tell me where I might find this kit? Also to verify, your kit is basically plug and play then...you didn't have to cut or splice any wires?

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Saturday, December 23, 2006 9:38 AM
i got my kit from my local parts store. the wiring is plug and play. you dont actualy have to cut and splice if you dont use the adaptors, you just need to pull the individual wires out of the plug and move then to another spot.

Sunday, December 31, 2006 3:50 AM
who makes a good kit?
Sunday, December 31, 2006 11:13 AM
http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/HELLA_HEADLAMP_CONVERSION_165_MM_HEADLAMP_TO_H4_9003_SQUARE_H4_p_550.html

that is the bosche/hella kit. what i like about them is they look like a typical sealed beam light, they arent clear. im not a huge fan of the completly clear housings.

Sunday, December 31, 2006 12:14 PM
no but the completely clear setup looks oh so good with hid's and strobes right!

1st 1st gen on air.....
Wednesday, May 02, 2007 6:14 AM
sharkey is that price for each individual headlight?!?

Monday, May 07, 2007 11:53 AM
yes but 50usd for the harness, housing and an alright set of bulbs isn't a bad price at all!

watch for flying sparks!!!
Thursday, May 24, 2007 6:52 PM
I was planning on rewiring mine to get all 6 front lights on at the same time.

I did this on my Camaro and it looks pretty good and really helps night driving.

Long live the first gen sunbird 6 light front end!!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search