What did everyone get their First Gens for Christmas? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What did everyone get their First Gens for Christmas?
Wednesday, December 27, 2006 2:31 PM
Anyone get their older J something for Christmas?

I got some shop rags and some tools and a gift card to get more TOOLS!

What did you all get?

Re: What did everyone get their First Gens for Christmas?
Wednesday, December 27, 2006 6:59 PM
i actualy got my car nothing. although its been getting christmas presents for a couple months now. got the megasquirt back in november, and ive got a brake swap waiting for it. now i just gotta get my blower.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 8:46 PM
Do NEW front left and right axles count,even tho I got them in nov?I am currently saving to do my front end resto project and that includes all new struts,springs,mts and strip everything down and repaint and undercoat maybe in the spring of 07.I got some gift cards for advance auto which will go towards parts needed to do this job and prolly will upgrade the brake stuff like rotors,pads maybe calipers just depends it will be all oem stuff,but bendix is what I am going with just better than than oem like it has now.Money is going to be the time issue for this since my NEW garage is being built and still no doors and want to wait until its all done b4 starting this stuff.

Thursday, December 28, 2006 1:42 PM
Right on, guys.

Thursday, December 28, 2006 7:30 PM
a new motor....

1st 1st gen on air.....
Saturday, December 30, 2006 9:52 PM
Racing Seats, I got a good deal on them ,plus the stocks are in rough shape.

Sunday, December 31, 2006 3:52 AM
yup, the first gen got nothing, but the 2nd gen beater got a taste of aftermarket wheels for the weekend
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 2:52 PM
Well, my first gen is kinda sitting around and not getting much attention since I bought a new truck and have since put new wheels and tires on the truck. The Olds has every window leaking. Won't hold a charge. But Charge the battery and it fires right up. Took it for a spin and it still manages to put a smile on my face. But yeah that whas up.

1982 Olds Firenza S-1.8L auto, not fast but fun it is.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 4:14 PM
82- sounds like your alternator is on its way out. Not that bad of a job to replace it, but if your weather is like mine...its too cold to think about turning wrenches!

Once the weather breaks I will treat mine to a new steering rack (finally had enough drips in my garage) and possibly new weatherstripping along the top and windows.

Keep 'em rolling guys, these cars just got a year older and we're finding less and less of them on the roads.
Friday, January 12, 2007 1:29 AM
Mines getting a tranny fluid and filter change. Finishing off the trunk, there was no carpet or spare/jack. I'll get some pics of that up after the weekend. Also reattached my rearview mirror. Maybe if it warms up I'll put in the boost gauge and remote start too

He also just turned 20......maybe next year, when he's legal, he can get some octane boost

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Friday, January 12, 2007 9:00 AM
Well.....seeing as how it went from being stored outside to sitting in a 2 car heated garage all by itself.....I'd say it didn't get gyped this year! It's also had the last 6 months off(haven't driven it scince June of last year). This year's plans include a complete re-paint and some more interior work,so it also gets to break from the show circuit this year as well......Hmm...for the last 4 years,it only gets driven to shows or cruise nights....rough life,huh?

Sunday, January 14, 2007 9:52 AM
I got my 87se a 88 turbo gt . $300 for the whole car that runs and drives on dec19 . In the process of stripping it down but it gets a bit cold this time of year.

So far total invest ment is - $300 for brand new turbo short block, $350 for a used 5tm40 w/ 50k on it, $700 for 87 SE, $300 for a 88 GT turbo, $40 for the interior out of a 87 skylark, $100 for 87 z24 cowl hood, $80 for two new doors, $350 for a lowering kit (springs, stabilizers, and shocks), and a whole lot of work!!!!
Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:56 PM
Just curious being a way old post are u peps planning to buy or already bought goodies for ur 1st gen.Mine have been in the house for almost two yrs I am so slack.I plan to get sunny running timing dialed in this wk if possible time wise.2nd coolant flush, and get safety inspection then start pulling both l/r front axles which I have new ones laying in my floor to do as my next project.I have been so freaking tied up doing everything else but,sunny sits in my garage so at least I can say its dry,covered and not my daily.Ron

Monday, December 15, 2008 6:33 PM
Ron-

No problem with the resurrection post...

I started the powder coating addiction, looking at Eibach springs, brake work, and a new top down the road. Gonna drive mine as much as I can this summer while the Camaro is down for the major overhaul.

Paul

Thursday, December 18, 2008 11:03 AM
new turbo manifold, new intake mani, nother set of injectors slicks.....

watch for flying sparks!!!
Thursday, December 18, 2008 6:43 PM
mine's been sitting in the terminal since Thanksgiving. Me, I've been to Portland, Seattle, Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, the SF Bay Area, Oklahoma City, thru Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming and Utah!

I hope to get to my brother's for Christmas and put my nephews to work washing my tractor!!

If you got it, a BIG truck brought it!
Sunday, December 21, 2008 7:46 AM
Good call on bringing this thread back, thanks Ron!

I'm getting mine some new carpet & a gallon of POR-15 chassis paint. I plan on doing the floor pans with that & most of the undercarriage. The stuff ain't cheap, but it holds up well and hopefully will preserve this thing forever.

In the meantime we've got a sheet of ice covering everything and the Cav is tucked away in the garage hibernating. I made sure to fill the tank and wash her before winter came, but I miss driving it already!

Take care everyone, and safe travels on the roads this holiday season. It looks like most of the U.S. has snow, ice, or other bad weather this week!

-Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays friends.

Monday, December 29, 2008 4:28 PM
New shocks, new clutch, floor mats, two headlamp bezels,
and I just ordered a ECM.
My car has never run with the correct idle rpm, always between
1100 and 1700, depending on the weather, so today I took it
to the mechaniker to make a diagnosis, and he told me that
it has a lot of voltage variations,that the ECM ,IAC and TPS are not working
ok, and the fan is working direct, without the fan relay.
Today they are going to rewire it, it has a messy electrical
instalation and a lot of black tape from many quick fixes,
I don't have the AC condenser, so there are some
unconnected wires.
After they install the ECM we'll see if the sensors are working ok,
I don't think it's a good idea to just buy them because they did
a diagnosis with a bad computer.
The compression of my engine is:
130 125 120 120
I don't know how good or bad they are, but a friend told me
that higher than 100 is acceptable.
I'm also thinking of buying a rear bump cover, I'm not sure,
the one I have has a piece of plastic missing, like a crust,
when I take it to the bodyshop I'll see if I need to buy it or
if the old one can be fixed.

Too many little presents =)

My Cardomain page :
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2536425

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 3:58 PM
I took mine out yesterday as the roads were dry. I had 45 minutes of fun before she quit on me. Looks like my ignition problem is back.

The good news is, Shannens tune was perfect... noticeably more fun in 2nd.

May be a belated gift of a coil or distributor depending on the diagnosis... The powder coated oil pan was the first gift.

My camaro got a powder coated panhard brace and rear sway bar and a new energy suspension link/bushing kit. I also completed my 1/20 Lindberg model of my Camaro that looks exactly like it, down to the ss rims and spoiler on a Z28.

I was thinking of sending the stock radio in for an aftermarket MP3 input line for $40.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 9:39 PM
I feel ur pain.I still do not have mine running.Its getting fuel the coil is new and shows pwr to distributor and the igntion module is only a yr old and has no spark at the 1 plug.So I am going to replace the wires,plugs cap/rotor and I did reinstall the old ignition mod which did work and no change.I may have fried the wires bc I hooked up two wires on the starter wrong and it did nothing.So I will see where this takes me once I buy new parts prolly wed.If this does not work I am thinking the distributor is toast.IF it were the ecm It would not be getting fuel,either that or I suck at getting the timing dialed in (could be).Who knows.I will see

Saturday, January 03, 2009 6:56 PM
Ok, the final 2008 Christmas list for the Steepe Sunbird is as follows:

Powdercoated oil pan
Pan Gasket
Spark Tester (Ignition diagnosis tool)
Test Light (Ignition diagnosis tool)
Used Distributor and some insulated butt connectors
Front strut covers
Washer bottle off an 86 (my 84 bottle location no longer works with the strut tower brace)

Saturday, January 03, 2009 9:31 PM
Update I decided to replace the wires,plugs,and cap and rotor button.I know for sure I just DO not have the timing dialed in correctly.Now I have not tried yet to get sunny running but all the parts are installed and just need the time to mess with it prolly this coming wk on my two days off.I work 3rd shift so getting up late afternoon working on the car is not in the agenda.I think when I had turn the eng by hand I had it on the exhaust cycle not compression and plainly did not get #1 on the cap.I have been busy working on my daily doing upgrades so at the cav sits tight in my garage waiting for this wk right now.Ok

Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:12 AM
Forget what did I get my 1st Gen for xmas--I got a 1st Gen. and that's what matters!

My very first car waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy back in 1990 was a 1984 Skyhawk. I had it for 6 years and used it over 100,000 miles. I've been pining for another one since 2003 when I saw one just like it that I couldn't have.

2008 gave me opportunity, and it was hard, but I found a suitable Hawk--a 1985 limited model with the T-type wheels and steering wheel. It was a tough search as I had to find one to use as a daily driver for up to two years, but here it is--only 78000 on the clock!

My sister-in-law was so kind as to get me racing pedals for it--can't wait until spring to put them on, and this coming Monday, my baby gets a new steering rack (big surprise).
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search