Had enough of 87 Cavalier Vert, anyone interested? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Had enough of 87 Cavalier Vert, anyone interested?
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 6:58 PM
My son just spun the bearing on my 87 vert, second time so I think I have had enough. The body is solid, the doors and floor are solid. It is a 5 speed, 2.8L. The top is not bad. The weather stripping (belts) are shot and the interior needs doing. Needs paint too. It started out as a project and was going well until my son needed a car so I passd it onto him and he was going to finish it until he toasted the motor today. He is buying another car.

The doors were from a 91, 2-door which I cut and converted to convertible doors using the ASC inards. I put in a drivers floor pan from an 89 which I also took the motor from. New aftermarket rear bumper and front valence. Also have a second convertible frame with rubbers and also another 2.8 block, the original 2.8 that also has a knock. The wheels are the same as the ones Ron Love has on his bright yellow 1985 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe. Anyone interested? I am located in Ontario, Canada. My email is iron1951@gmail.com. I don't want to part the car out, just sell the whole car, especially to someone who is interested in getting the car on the road.

Thanks

Re: Had enough of 87 Cavalier Vert, anyone interested?
Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:19 AM
Im interested but thats wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too far from ohio :-( :-(

Thursday, July 17, 2008 6:57 PM
you've been pm'd.....

watch for flying sparks!!!
Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:17 PM
Pictures! everyone likes pictures
Friday, July 18, 2008 9:25 PM
Those are called star wheels for the info side of it.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:26 PM
Sorry about the lack of pictures, just got back from a trip. Give me a couple of days and they will be available. Thanks. btw, BoostNBags, what is pm'd???
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:41 PM
^^ Private Message. Look at the top of your browser on the right side. Your inbox is where it is.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 4:22 PM
Here are some pictures. Also some pictures of my mother's 86 Cadillac Cimarron that was side-swiped by a drunk driver. My mom gave the car to me. It on has 53646.5 kilometers on it.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~iron1951/index.htm
Friday, July 25, 2008 9:16 PM
You gonna part out the Cimmarron?

Tony
1987 Sunbird GT turbo convert
Ported intake, Fiero 53 MM TB, 52 lb inj, ported and flowed head, tube header, Mitsu TD06, ARP rod
bolts/head studs, adj cam sprocket, 4" x 12" x 31" FMIC, Paxton AFPR, modified 125 trans/LSD
unit/3.42's, custom chip tuning, Alky Control Methanol injection
13.61 ET at 101.44 mph, 262 WHP/350WTQ

2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP roadster, 2.0 turbo w/GMPP exh, CAI and turbo upgrade, 290 hp/325 ft lbs

1969 Olds 442 convert
400 Eng, 200-4R trans, 3.73 posi, power everything, OAI

Saturday, July 26, 2008 6:14 AM
The Cimarron I am going to keep. Just started to work on it yesturday.
Thursday, July 31, 2008 7:59 PM
Man, i wish I had the use for another car, I'd so scoup that up. I'm even in Ontario. A 2.8 with a 5 speed in a vert is rare, and i love that body style. I just wish I had a use for it, I have to many cars as it is, but that is very very tempting, I miss my older J's

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search