thought id drop by - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
thought id drop by
Saturday, November 01, 2008 6:32 PM
some of you may remember me, at least i hope some do. its been a year since i bought my cobalt and got rid of my 87z24. im loving the cobalt, its great being able to go out and start my car, drive to work with no issues. however i do greatly miss my old cavys.

for those of you that dont remember

my first car

it was an 86 z24, i added the hood, sunbird wing and valance before having it painted. it was powered by a well build ironhead 2.8l (high compression forged pistons, beam polished rods, comp cams valvetrain, stainless valves, feiro intake, headers, bulley clutch), mated to a getrag 5 speed. it took me 3 years to get to that point when i had a drunk driver cut me off, totaling the car

2nd car

i bought another car, this time a 2.0 rs. the drivetrain and interior from the past car ended up on it. i had put a megasquirt stand alone on the car, and built a 3.94 quad 4 ho tranny with an lsd diff. i built the sideskirts so they matched the height of the valance. the car was ready for paint, but was unable to find a body shop to do it in a reasonable amount of time for a reasonable dollar. a couple months after this pic i had valve guides in one head wear out, at that point i gave up. the car was gonna be $5g to paint, the motor was going to cost me another $2g to fix, and when the 1st cavy (the 1st one was my first car) was written off and i got $1700 and the car back, i guess i lost the will to spend the money to get the car were i wanted.

so here i am today, with my 05 cobalt ss/sc. do i regret it??? no, i love the balt and reliability of a new car. i do really miss the cavy though. i wish i could have kept it as a toy, but the driveway and funds didnt permit that. i parted the last one out and sent the body to scrap. i do still have the motor and quite a few other parts. planning one day to build another, however that wont be for a long time. im betting when im ready to build another one up ill have to pay huge dollars for a rusted out car, but no matter, ill love every minute of it.

Re: thought id drop by
Sunday, November 02, 2008 9:58 AM
always wondered whay happened to your cavi ... shoulda went mako .. lol jk though but your 1st gen was so clean

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3170400/3

Re: thought id drop by
Tuesday, November 04, 2008 9:59 PM
Cool to hear from you!!!! If you are really bored go to cardomain click the 85 yr model cavs I am ronsoldcav and u can see the latest work I have done on mine.Just finished a eng paint and lots of gaskets oil pan,valve cover,and intake gasket job and lots to do with the eng area.Next is new axles l/r side which I have and input shaft seal.Good to hear from you and actually looked at ur ride last wk on cardomain as a fact.R

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search