Dual exhaust is on the cav - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dual exhaust is on the cav
Saturday, January 01, 2005 8:28 PM
well everyone I have the duals on my Cavalier. I made all the stuff up at home. wow what a pain in the but it is to make up your own exhaust. I'll have better pics once it's all done but for now this is all that I have.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Re: Dual exhaust is on the cav
Saturday, January 01, 2005 9:01 PM
Hey what part of Delaware are you from? Exhaust looks cool, got any pictures of underneath? How did you route it?
Saturday, January 01, 2005 9:09 PM
Looks awesome larry I want to hear it!! <br>

Just Wait and See..........
Saturday, January 01, 2005 9:18 PM
I live in townsend de, it's ran right off the factory pipe I just kinda formed the 2 pipes togther to make it work. I'll post a couple more pics of it tomorrow once I'm done with it.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, January 02, 2005 10:58 AM
ooooh make me one! <br>

Sunday, January 02, 2005 4:47 PM
yeah thats Ight... I've had my dual exhaust on for about 2 years now... Its on my Z24 and I cut another C notch in the right side to match the left.... I had straight pipes on but got hurassed so I put some tight mufflers on... I'm at work when I get home I will post pics...
Wednesday, January 05, 2005 9:07 PM
please let me see pics of that, i seriously want to put duals on my car. <br>

http://www.cardomain.com/id/nocho
there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who dont.
Wednesday, January 05, 2005 9:46 PM
a couple new pics of it

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, January 05, 2005 9:52 PM
is that a y pipe?
<br>

there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who dont.
Wednesday, January 05, 2005 10:03 PM
I used an elbow and cut a hole in the elbow and formed the drivers side pipe and muffler to it but it flows more out the passenger side than the drivers. but they both flow.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, January 05, 2005 10:24 PM
ooohhh, ic. Very interesting me thinks. Seems a bit easier than my origenal idea of getting either a neon muffler or older camaro muffler
<br>

Thursday, January 06, 2005 8:34 AM
it was still a pain in the butt though.alot of work to make stuff clear. notice I had to angle it down that way it would clear the filler neck line for the gas tank and the spare tire well.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Thursday, January 06, 2005 11:43 AM
rich, if you get a center in dual out muffler run two pipes off of it to the back then just put two tips on, should give you equal flow, have to find a little bit of room under the chassis for the muffler though

wicked
Thursday, January 06, 2005 3:14 PM
yea, thats the whole problem, im not possitive about the room yet, and im also trying to keep mandril bent <br>

Thursday, January 06, 2005 4:51 PM
How do you post image on the site.... I want to show you all mine...
Thursday, January 06, 2005 6:41 PM
Mandrell bent isnt gonna do anything for out cars there isnt enough intake air that it has to fight to get it out. were not really pushing that much horsepower and out induction flow isnt that great to have to worry about exhaust flow.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Friday, January 07, 2005 8:51 AM
but.. it helps <br>

Saturday, January 08, 2005 1:03 PM
i absolutely think that it is wrong to put dual exhaust on cars period...these are cavaliers not mustangs everyone.....
Saturday, January 08, 2005 1:20 PM
Go say that in the exterior forum, they'll give you plenty of reason why we put dual exhausts on cars. <br>

Saturday, January 08, 2005 9:45 PM
Hey Man I look at it this way I payed the bills for this car so guess what. I'LL DO WHAT I WANT TO IT! thats all that matters to me if I want duals on it I'll put duals on it. end of story.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Saturday, January 08, 2005 9:57 PM
ya i agree abou tthat but i think it really stands out as being "odd" thats all

Saturday, January 08, 2005 10:14 PM
I honestly did my car just to dress it up a lil bit and I have havent had anyone really talk anything bad about it I've had alot of compliments about how it sound and how it looks. it's not you normal sounding riceburner goin down the road.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, January 09, 2005 10:24 PM
i'm gona put dual exhaust on my car in a few months, but i'm gona use the Red Cherry Bomb Mufflers, i might weld two of them together and put two on each side of the car. so i will have the factory dual tip with an updated dual exhaust. so i will have 4 tips and i kinda wish i could have each side of the eigine on its own exhaust pipe. so in otherwards, i want to have true dual exhaust with dual tips on each side. but RJ, how did you get the other C notch positioned right so when you cut it out, it wasnt off more to one side then the other one was????? oh ya before i finish typing, i think that what a person does with his or her time, money, and other things is up to him/her to do as they with, if they want dual exhaust, they can have the exhaust, if they want to have a blower on there little cavi they can have the blower even if it stickes outa the hood sideways. and Larry, looks good. i like the chrome tips. i got one on my car, and its starting to rust out a little. <br>

Travis Nobert
Travis Enterprise
Come on down to Evolution Audio in Edmonton Alberta, and I can HOOK YOU UP.
Monday, January 10, 2005 10:38 AM
Nice!
<br>

Monday, January 10, 2005 11:02 AM
I Like The Exaust.... How Much Money did You Spend On It? I'd Like To Know So I Can Do The Same <br>

------------------------------------------------
1990 Chevy Cavalier - Primer Paint Job (Till Mightnight Black Comes) - Converting To A Z24, Z24 Front & Back Bumper (need Z24 side skirts), Kenwood headunit, (2) 15in Reactor Subwoofers, 2/1600 Power Acoustik Amp, Streetglow headlight strobes, Streetglow headlight pulsers, green l.e.d parking lights, type 2 Wing, Ls Inside (Seats, Carpet, And Dash), Custom Painted Tail Lights
-------------------------------------------------
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search