Hood and Brace situation - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hood and Brace situation
Monday, February 14, 2005 1:47 PM
okay, so it's kinda hard to explain but I'll try. many many moons ago I was rollin down the highway, jammin as I always do on my way to visit my aunt and just as I was almost there BOOM! ok well, err... not BOOM but I'm throwing it in there for dramatic effect. so, BOOM! I jumped time. That's not the issue here, the issue here is my aunts idiot next door neighbor... and I DO mean idiot because I've never met an idiotic person like this before... attempts to help! GO NEIGHBOR! he ties a rope to his hitch and looks for a place to latch onto my car. AHH! there's a spot!! so he wraps it around my effin front brace where the hood latch is, you know the one I'm talking about? what a frickin loser this guy is at driving, in the process of being towed by him for a number of miles, I'm back in my car steering trying to signal to this idiot to slow down and stop yankin on my car. He was driving like i wasn't even back there. He bent my brace a bit and ever since my hood latches down just slightly too low. I know it's kinda vague but does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get it all in alignment again? maybe I just need to go to my body shop. I just hoped there was a way to do it without forking over a couple of hundred dollars. Stupid idiot. If I'm ever in a stranded situation again, and he sees me and stops... I don't care if it's 72F below zero or 130F degrees outside I'll find another way.

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Re: Hood and Brace situation
Monday, February 14, 2005 2:12 PM
try prying on it, and the latch is adjustable height wise. i had to raise mine a bit since my wreck to get my Z hood to shut. (but you still gotta slam the crap outta it)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search